chapter 31

"you're friends with dream, right?" minji asked as jinae shuffled the cards. the two others looked up in curiosity, waiting for the girl's response.

"uh..." she hesitated, playing with the cuff of her sweatshirt. "yeah."

the group of girls were currently sitting on the floor of their room, playing a game of cards before they went to bed. they were given free time after they arrived, the girls choosing to stay and get to know each other.

they had instantly clicked, each learning more about each other. minji and kwan were actually both in her homeroom, tending to stray to the back of the room while jinae was a transfer student, recently arriving last month.

"aren't you dating chenle?" meili nodded.

"what's renjun like?" jinae added, a faint blush on her cheeks that didn't go unnoticed by meili.

"why?" she smirked, watching as the girl grew redder.

"umm- he's in my art class..."

"it's okay, i was only kidding," meili laughed, picking up her pile of cards.

jinae giggled, picking up her cards as well as the group began to play.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

the room awoke to meili's phone alarm ringing through the room, disrupting their sleep.

"shut it up," jinae muttered, rolling over and shoving her head beneath her pillow.

meili turned it off, immediately hoping out of bed to open the window. she could hear groans in discomfort as the light seeped into the room.

the ground was covered in a fluffy blanket of fresh snow, flakes still falling from the sky.

"a good day to ski," kwan muttered as she slid out of bed, throwing a hoodie on over her t-shirt.

"are you all skiing?" jinae sat up, looking around the room in panic. she saw meili shake her head, letting out a breath of relief.

"i was just going to skate today," meili yawned as she began to brush her hair.

"same," jinae smiled. her stomach then grumbled, causing her to fall back against the bed. "i should probably get up so we can go down to eat faster."

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

meilo entered the room with jinae by her side, kwan and minji already ahead as they hurried to a table with their friends.

the natural light from the window lit up the room, students buzzing with excitement as many would ski today.

meili spotted the 00 line sitting at a table near the back of the room, lifting her hand up in a wave when they noticed her.

her and jinae then went to grab food, meili then sensing jinae's uneasiness as her eyes nervously scanned the room.

"come with me," meili lightly grabbed onto her wrist, guiding her in the direction of the dreamies.

the four looked up as they approached, the boys giving meili stares filled curiosity.

"this is jinae," she introduced, sitting in the empty spot next to jaemin leaving jinae to sit next to renjun.

her face was a bit red as she sat down, making brief eye contact with the smiling boy.

"i believe you two are in the same art class."

renjun nodded, eyes not leaving the flustered girl beside him. he began to talk about the project they had been assigned, leaving the rest if the group eating in silence.

"what are you guys doing today?" meili asked as she took a sip of her juice.

"skiing of course," donghyuck scoffed, earning an eye roll from meili.

"what about you?" jeno asked the girl.

"i'm gonna skate today."

donghyuck's smile faltered, realizing he wouldn't see her for the whole day.

"why?"

"i can't ski."

"really?"

"yeah," she looked up at him annoyed. "is there something wrong with that?"

"no," donghyuck mumbled, looking down at his plate. he made a mental note to offer teaching the girl the next day, giving him some part of this week to spend with her.