chapter 6

third update in the past 48 hours cuz i have nothing to do

after school when meili got home, she beelined right for the living room to watch kdramas, not caring if she saw renjun or not.

she was tired of everything. tired of staying in her room, tired of school, tired of avoiding her twin and his friends.

for the past months, meili would always find her eyes on the group of friends whenever she saw them. they would always be goofing around and laughing and teasing each other which made the girls heart ache.

the past months shes just became so sick of everything. her friends were obviously fake as well, and the reason why they stuck with her was unknown, which just made her even more sick and tired.

so meili didnt care when she walked into the room, plopping on the couch right next to renjun who was scrolling through his phone.

she didnt even look his way, making the boy question if she even noticed him and if he accidentally ate something that made him invisible.

of course meili saw him looking at her out of the corner of her eye, but she just decided to turn on her favourite kdrama instead while sinking into the couch cushions.

renjun just decides to shrug it off, going back to scrolling through his phone.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

the following day, meili begins walking from her class to the cafeteria.

she had more energy than she did the day before after making herself go to sleep early.

as she rounded the corner, meili found herself wondering how her creative writing class would go that day.

her and donghyuck had to get to know each other that class. in order to make sure the pairs were getting to know eachother and to also give ideas, ms jeong was giving then sheets to fill out about your partner, probably things like favourite colours, movies, tv shows, and other things like that.

but meili was nervous that someone would see her and donghyuck getting along and would spread it to her friends who would definitely not take it well.

the girl finally reached the cafeteria, pushing through the doors and walking into the noisy area.

as she went to grab a tray from the rack, she silently cursed her teacher for putting her in the situation she was in.

taking a glance around the big room before grabbing lunch, she spots her friends sitting at their usual table.

but then something unexpected happens.

"hey meili!" a familiar voice yells.

she freezes, along with the rest of the cafeteria as well. everyone began looking from a smiling donghyuck to a frozen meili, wondering why lee haechan would greet someone like her.

not everyone knew meili and renjun were twins. first of all, they had different hair colours, renjun's blonde and meili's black. their faces matched though, but they were never seen around eachother so nobody had a chance to figure it out.

donghyuck notices the panicked expression on her face, his smile faltering. what was he even thinking?

the boy quickly sits back down next to jeno, the rest of the boys giving him looks.

after watching donghyuck sit back down, the cafeteria became noisy again, instantly going back to what they were doing.

as meili rushed to pay for her lunch, she quickly hoped her friends were too emerged in a conversation with eachother to witness what happened.