chapter 25

meili gazed at her reflection in the mirror.

"is this fine?" she asked herself, smoothing down her skirt.

it was the night of chenle and meili's date, the girl examining her outfit once more before the boy was to arrive. her sweater was tucked into one of her pleated skirts, beige coloured shoes to match the look with her short hair curled and pinned back. small, silver earrings fell from her ears to match the friendship ring renjun had forced them all to wear.

"meili!" her brother hollered, meaning that chenle must've arrived.

the girl hurried out of her room, grabbing onto her mini purse and phone before rushing down the stairs.

"don't trip," renjun warned her, earning an eye roll in response.

"i'm fine."

chenle locked eyes with her as she came into view, a smile immediately appearing on his lips. he was wearing a simple hoodie with jeans, making him look adorable meili thought.

"hi," the girl shyly waved, getting one in return.

"hey."

"stop being shy and just go," renjun pushed his sister out the door into chenle, him steadying her as the door was slammed in their faces.

"jeez," he muttered, checking if the girl was okay.

a smile was evident on her face when she looked up at him, eyes crinkling. meili daringly grabbed onto chenle's hand, taking him by surprise as the elder dragged him down the porch.

"let's go!"

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

the pair walked through the theatre hand in hand, getting stares from other older couples inside.

"they're cute." meili heard someone say, making her cheeks grow red. chenle squeezed her hand, slowly leading her towards the snack booth with a grin in his face.

meanwhile, jaemin, renjun, and mark had entered the theatre, jisung reluctantly following behind. the four were dressed in all black to blend in with the darkness of the theatre, matching masks and caps disguising their faces.

"do i look okay?" jaemin looked over to mark who shrugged.

"you're fine," renjun assured him, yanking on his arm to hurry up.

the four quickly bought tickets before speeding into the hallway to see if chenle and meili were still there.

luckily they were, slowly making their way down the hall towards their designated door.

jaemin grabbed onto jisung's hand who had been trailing behind the three, dragging him after an antsy renjun and mark.

mark happened to be in town that weekend, showing up on renjun's doorstep unannounced as the three were heading out after chenle and meili. they had quickly thrown him in dark clothing and pulled him out the door with them, definitely not what the boy was expecting.

renjun and jaemin were the master planners who thought up the idea for following their friends on their date, with jisung just being dragged along because he happened to be free.

unlike the other that had been forced to follow, mark was actually happy to be there, buzzing with excitement since he heard he'd be seeing meili again.

"come on," renjun then whispered, holding the door open for the others as they crept into the large room. "we need good seats."

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

———————————————————————✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨———————————————————————

yes