chapter 15

longish chapter ahead😩

it was a breezy day, the sun shining through the few, slow moving clouds in the sky. it was warm in the sunshine, meili and jaemin's faces glowing from the light.

leaves skipped across the sidewalk that they walked upon, making a crunching sound when stepped on.

as the pair drew closer to the carnival, shouts of joy and exhilaration became more clear building meili's excitement.

it was her first time visiting a carnival since she was younger, and she was looking forward to it.
jaemin watched the anticipation grow on her face as they reached the entrance, a faint smile spreading across his lips.

"jaemin what are you waiting for," she exclaimed, snapped him out of his thoughts.

he smiles wider, letting meili pull him through the crowds of people.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

"that was so fun!" meili laughed, running to an empty bench beside the ride the two had gone on.

"y-yeah," jaemin struggled to make his way behind the girl, feeling really dizzy.

"are you okay?" she frowned, passing him a water bottle as he sat down.

he takes a small sip of water, nodding.

she grins and sticks her thumbs up, taking a drink out of her bottle as well.

the music of their surroundings flowed through the air, filling meili up with joy.

they have had a lot of fun so far, walking around and enjoying the events as well as going on a couple of rides.

jaemin had been reluctant to go on the last one, due to the dizziness it would result in. the look on the girl's face when she tugged on his arm, begging him to go with her had made him agree.

it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be, the dizzy feeling currently fading away as the two rested.

"want to get something to eat?" meili suggested, breaking the silence.

"sure," jaemin replied, then smirked. "only if you pay."

meili rolled her eyes in amusement, loosely grabbing onto the boy's wrist.

"oh please, you knew i would anyway." she chuckled, heading in the direction of the nearest snack booth.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

jaemin was on his way back from the washrooms when he noticed a familiar face nearing.

"hyuck?" he called over to his friend, surprised to be running into him there.

"hey," he stuck up his free arm in hello, his other arm linked with a girl's.

jaemin eyes trailed over to the figure next to the boy, eyebrows raised.
donghyuck seemed to be on a date, igniting jaemin's curiosity as he wondered what he had missed. last time he checked, hyuck liked meili.