chapter 5

superhuman hyuck is one of my favourite hyuck's

seated in the back of her last class of the day, meili was resting her head on her desk as her creative writing teacher went on and on about their next assignment. but nothing she really had to pay attention for.

on a normal day, meili loved her writing class.

it was the period she looked forward to for most of the day, writing being a favourite hobby of the girl.

but today she was exhausted and just wanted the day to end so she could go home and sleep.

but a sudden knock at the door caused meili to lift her head out of curiosity.

"come in!" her teacher, ms jeong, called.

the door swung open, and a class started filing in.

it wasnt a huge class, it was a rather small one just like meili's.

the girl sat up straighter and scanned the students faces as they walked in, seeing if she knew anyone.

"alright everyone," ms jeong began, meili's eyes snapping back to the teacher. "this is the vocal class. our classes will be partnering up together for a project-,"

"the project you were telling us about?" someone yelled out.

"yes," their teacher smiles. "there are the same amount of students in both classes, so me and mr lee (she gestures to the vocal teacher) will be pairing you each up."

groans filled the room, everyone had been hoping they would get to choose their own partners.

meili didnt mind. honestly she just wanted to go home and sleep.

her teacher started listing off the partners, the pairs being called exchanging glances and tiny waves.

meili began playing with her sleeves while waiting for her name to be called.

"huang meili and lee donghyuck,"

meili's head whips up.

donghyuck?

you look over to where the vocal students stood, noticing donghyuck step out of the corner and glance over at her.

"you have got to be kidding me," you mutter under your breath.

"alright, now before we get into the assignment, you and your partners are going to spend the rest of the week getting to know each other."

meili groans.

"we will give out the details next week, the following days will be to get to know your partner! now start getting together to exchange contact info before the end of class."

everyone began to get with their partners, the buzz of students talking filling the room.

donghyuck hesitantly pulls up a chair to her desk, meili trying to avoid looking at him.

"hey..." the boy attempts to break the silence between them.

meili just looks down at her sweater paws, giving a small nod in his direction.

hyuck had a small feeling that everything wouldnt be all of the sudden comfortable between them after the night before. he understood and decided to just give her space.

they both just sat there for the remaining minutes of class in silence.

but donghyuck realized they had to still exchange their contact info, but he was to nervous to move.

taking him by surprise, meili rips a corner off her notebook and quickly scribbles something down before sliding the slip to the boy.

"there's... my number." meili stands up, grabbing her stuff and throwing it in her bag.

before walking away, she finally looks donghyuck in the eye, startling him.

"nice bruise by the way," she says and walks out of the room as the bell rang.