chapter 30

meili hurried over to the group of boys huddled near a bench, pulling a tired renjun behind her.

"it's too early for this," renjun complained, dragging his feet as the two neared their friends.

"relatable," donghyuck sighed, checking the time on his phone that read 5:30 am.

meili ran into chenle's arms who was standing beside a passed out jisung on the bench.

the two came to see them off as the 00 line was heading off on a ski trip for a week. the boys had all ended up staying up really late the night before, something meili thought was really stupid.

they had all managed to arrive on time though.

it was a chilly morning, each student sporting a winter coat as small flakes of snow fell from the sky.

chenle buried his face into meili's hair too keep warm, getting looks of disgust from renjun as well as looks of loathing from donghyuck.

the bus then came into sight, pulling up in front of the students. bags were thrown into the compartment at the bottom and a line formed at the door.

jeno and jaemin headed towards the bus, followed closely by renjun and donghyuck.

chenle pulled away from meili, slightly lifting her head and planting a soft kiss on her nose.

"i'll miss you," he ruffled her hair, softly shoving her after the boys.

"call me," she blew him a kiss and ran towards the line.

she quickly slid into the space in front of donghyuck, much to his dissatisfaction.

"hey!" he complained, then getting a light elbow in the ribs.

the line began to move forward as donghyuck gazed down at the girl in front of him's head.

her highlighted hair was straight that morning, in contrast to her usual curled hair, and was coated in white snowflakes.

the boy held back the urge to quickly wipe the snowflakes off her hair with his sleeve, saving her from doing it on the dry bus.
but meili then hopped into the bus before he could reach out.

he followed close behind her, almost pressed up against her back as the students behind him were beginning to pile in.

meili slid into an empty sear near the front, directly sitting in front of jaemin and renjun.
jeno was seated across the isle with a girl, by the looks of it being his cousin, mina.

donghyuck realized he didn't have anywhere to sit, hesitating as the students behind began to shove more.

suddenly he was pushed into the seat beside the girl, almost falling into her. he had thrown his arms out, clenching his eyes shut as his hands came into contact with the window.

meili had been leaning forward, reaching for something in her bag, but was knocked towards the wall by a falling figure.

they both opened their eyes, face centimetres apart as they both looked into each others startled eyes. donghyuck's hands had ended up on either side of her head, pinning her down.

meili could feel his hair brushing her forehead, leaving his forehead exposed for her to see. her eyes drifted up while his drifted down, towards her pink stained lips.

"i wonder what they taste like" donghyuck thought, eyes fluttering closed.

he then remembered where he was, quickly jerking backwards and falling into the now-empty isle.

from the seat across, jeno stared down at his friend with furrowed eyebrows. meili swiftly reached out her hand to help donghyuck, eager to help him up.

he stared at her hand, hesitant on taking it but did anyway, hoisting himself up into the seat.

"thanks," he muttered, brushing the dirt off his clothes.

"no worries," she smiled, fishing a bag of cookies out of her bag. "want one?"

"sure," he took one, letting out a groan as he took a bite. "this is so good."

"i baked them last night," she beamed, then taking noticed of the boy's flushed cheeks. "are you okay?"

he nodded, eyes flickering to hers. "yeah. are you?"

"of course."

no other words were exchanged as the bus took off. meili noticed some classmates napping and decided to rest her head on the cold window, closing her eyes.

donghyuck watched her, debating moving her to his shoulder. he watched long enough to see her chest rise and fall in rhythm, her small exhales slightly fogging up the glass.

the boy shrugged, taking out his phone to distract himself.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

"park minji, choi kwan, huang meili, and jeon jinae."

meili looked up from her phone towards a teacher who had called her name, holding key cards out.

"see ya," she said to jeno and jaemin who were with her, heading towards the girls who were making their way to get their cards.

"room 1027."

the girls were silent as they entered the elevator. meili wasn't familiar with any of her roommates, not recognizing any if their faces.

two seemed to be close as they clinged onto each other's arm, while the other stood with her head down, seeming to be a bit shy.

"i'm huang meili," she broke the silence, the girls each looking up at her.

"park minji." "choi kwan." the two friends introduced themselves, small smiles evident on their faces.

"jeon jinae," the shy girl smiled, making brief eye contact with meili before looking away.

the group was silent as they exited the elevator, searching for their room. they were having some difficulty, possibly wandering the wrong hallway from following the wrong signs.

"er... this way?" jinae pointed down a hallway they hadn't gone through yet. luckily, their room was there.

"great," meili pushed the door open after unlocking it, observing the space.

two beds were along the wall, big enough to fit two per. a tv sat directly across, as well as a couple mini tables and drawers to put their stuff in.

it was quite awkward as the four stood there, unsure what to do or say.

"i'm guessing you both would want to share a bed?" meili laughed, gesturing to minji and kwan. they both nodded, placing their things down on the bed, leaving meili and jinae.

"i guess we're sharing a bed then," jinae laughed, getting one out of meili too as they placed there stuff down.

"yep!"

HELP I HAVE TO MAKE A PLAYLIST FOR A ROMEO AND JULIET CHARACTER FROM ACT 1 PLSSS I ONLY HAVE LIKE 2/10 SONGS FOR BENVOLIO THIS IS TORTURE