chapter 20

meili watched as he grinned in their direction, expecting him to be greeting her since they hadn't talked at all that game.

but she was wrong.

"hana!" he called, gesturing for her to go over to him.

"gotta run!" she giggled happily to a dumbstruck meili, rushing over to donghyuck who took her in his arms.

the rest of dream slowly made their way over to the girl, looks of empathy on their faces.

"that jerk," renjun seethed, watching as his friend took couple-like pics with a girl who wasn't his sister.

"it's fine," meili muttered, getting a pat on the back by jeno.

"we should go..." jisung suggested, partly for jaemin and chenle's sake. the two looked like they were about to get themselves kicked out, fists balled and eyes full of anger.

"but-"

"chenle, it's okay," meili grabbed the boy's hand, silencing him as she dragged him out the doors.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

"has something been going on between you and hyuck?" renjun asked his sister who was sitting in the passengers seat. they had just dropped chenle off, the boy reluctant to leave the girl.

she had convinced him she was okay, giving him a quick hug that sent him out the door.

they were now heading home, eager to start the weekend.

"i'm not sure..." she confessed, playing with the ends of her hair. "he's been acting distant lately though, i don't know why."

renjun hummed, unsure what to say. their friend's behaviour was unusual, especially since he had feelings for meili.

"did i do something wrong?" she asked, uncertainty in her tone.

"probably not," renjun assured her, but he wasn't too sure himself. "maybe talk to him about it."

meili nodded, hopping out of the car as they pulled into their driveway.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

hyuck

hey|

meili's thumb hovered over the send button, debating if she should go through with it or not.

hey, how are you?|
hey, how ar|
hey|
hey, whats up|
hey wh|
hey|
|
good game today|
good ga|
go|
|

she decided against it, deciding he probably needed some space. maybe she was just annoying him or she reminded him too much of writing.

meili sighed, exiting the app and opening up instagram.

at the top of her home page was a new post from hana.

@leehaechan i was tired🤨
     @bae.na 🙄

she clicked her phone off with a sigh, tossing it to the other side of her bed.

donghyuck and hana seemed really close. meili never actually knew their full relationship, so what if they were dating?

one of the boys would of told her though, right?
she shook her head as she reached over and grabbed her laptop, planning on taking her mind off of everything by watching kdramas.