chapter 19

help i only play volleyball so bare with me😩

it was the night of the basketball game, neo high against valley high.

the boys were currently on the court, warming up before the game started. cheerleaders from both teams were already there, practicing their stunts while waving their big pompoms in the air.

meili had walked in, gaining her friends attention as she headed to the stands.

"hey meili!!!" chenle waved enthusiastically to the girl, her waving with the same energy back.

her and renjun made eye contact, him yelling "leave" as meili rolled her eyes.

she sat down on the neo's side, beside a friendly looking girl eagerly watching the teams warm up. she looked familiar, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

meili then giggled as she watched chenle shoot a basket and turn towards her direction, watching the girl's reaction with a huge smile.

"he looks pretty whipped," the girl next to her commented, referring to the cheery chenle. "you two together..?"

"oh, no we're not," meili nervously laughed, running a hand through her hair.

"i see," she nodded, sticking out her hand. "i'm lee dae."

"huang meili."

they both smiled, looking back to the court. the game was about the start, donghyuck standing with the opposing captain as they talked.

"this might be weird," meil started, turning to dae who glanced over at her. "but do i know you? you look really familiar."

"do i?" she asked, meili nodding. "well i don't think so. you could be thinking of my brother, you probably know him as haechan."

meili's eyes grew large as she realized she'd been talking with her crush's sister.

"wait you're hyuck's twin?" she gasped, eyes flickering between her and the boy on the court.

"yeah," she grinned. "are you two friends?"

"yes! my brother and him are best friends but i've known him since grade school."

"thats so cool, you must be the girl he talks about then."

before meili could answer, the whistle had been blown signaling that the game had began.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

"YEAH!!!" the crowd cheered as donghyuck made the last shot, securing their place as league champions. meili and dae embraced in celebration, the teams lining up as the game was finished.  

neo had won by a landslide, valley only able to make one shot the whole game.

"well i'm gonna go," mae announced as she stood up, grabbing her bag. "see ya."

meili waved goodbye as she walked off and stood up herself, planning to meet the boys down on the court to congratulate them.

chenle and jisung immediately met her with hugs of celebration, seeming to forget they were drenched with sweat.

"get off of me!" meili exclaimed, trying to push them away which only made them cling onto her tighter.

"not going to congratulate us?" chenle teased, scrunching his nose at her.

"congrats i guess," she sighed. it kinda scared her how much taller they were, her only being at the height of 5'6.

their height made it harder to try and move with them attached to her, so she was just stuck there until they let go.

getting an idea, meili then kissed chenle and jisung's cheeks, making them pull away in surprise as she ran over to jeno, jaemin, and renjun.

"ayo," she greeted, throwing her arms around jeno and jaemin. "good job out their. except for you renjun."

the boys beside her chuckled in amusement as renjun gave his sister a look of resentment.

"guys! team picture!" donghyuck called over to his friends while he stood holding the trophy near the mats against the wall.

"wait for us, meili," jeno reminded her as the three left her.

she watched as the group huddled near the wall, gold medals hanging on their necks as they shone under the gym lights.

"meili!" a girl's voice called to her from behind, causing her to turn and meet hana's eyes.

"hey hana!" she greeted the cheerleader. "your team did good out their today!"

"thank you!" she grinned, bouncing in excitement. "so did yours, of course."

they both watched as neo high finished up their team pictures. the rest if the team then headed away as donghyuck stood with the trophy, searching the room for someone.

his eyes then locked on meili and hana's location, lifting his hand in a wave.