chapter 17

"NO!" donghyuck screeched as meili flew past him at the finish line.

"yes!" she smirked, quickly squeezing chenle into a hug out of celebration.
donghyuck huffed, watching the two with jealousy.

it was saturday already and the 6 were hanging out at chenle's house.

meili had found chenle's nintendo switch, begging him to play mario kart which he of course unconditionally agreed.

so now jeno, renjun, chenle, meili, and donghyuck were all squished together on the couch in front of the tv while jaemin and jisung cuddled on an armchair.

meili and donghyuck had been neck and neck for the past rounds, competing for first place spot.
meili had won the majority amount of rounds with donghyuck in a close second, followed by jeno and jisung somewhere behind.

"let's start another round," jeno suggested, handing his remote to renjun so he could play.

chenle had luckily landed the spot to meili's left, giving him to opportunity to rest his head on her shoulder as he watched them play. donghyuck was upset about that, whining to the girl who would just tell him to be quiet.

"meili hurry up, you're too slow," donghyuck complained, watching as meili set up the next game.

"shush," she kicked him, being careful not to knock chenle off.

he nudges her back, accidentally putting a little too much force into it and knocking the girl over onto chenle.

"hey!" chenle squealed, annoyed from being disturbed from his rest on meili's shoulder.

"sorry," she half-laughed out, bringing him back into an embrace when steadied.
she shot a glare to donghyuck who rolled his eyes at her babying the boy only a year younger.

"just start it already," renjun complained from the other side of the couch.

meili quietly passed her remote over to chenle. he was hesitant at first, unsure what she was trying to do but then took hold of it, lifting his head of of her shoulder.

"chenle's playing instead of me," meili yawned, heading to lean her head on chenle's shoulder like he did to her, but was pulled into an embrace on her right.

donghyuck had pulled her onto him instead, resting the girl's head on his shoulder.
she made a sound, trying to move, but hyuck held her back from escaping. his arm was wrapped around her shoulder, attempting to hold

"i'm cheering for chenle still," she gestured to the boy next to her who was slouched beside her, pouting.

his face lit up as that while donghyuck's mouth formed in a scowl.

"fine, let's just play."

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

"yes!!!" meili yelled, doing her best to reach chenle to give him a high five.

chenle had beat donghyuck bad, staying way ahead of the boy the whole game and finishing that way too.

"no fair," donghyuck complained, dissatisfied with the results.

"how is that not fair," meili scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"well it's your fault cuz you were holding me back from using two hands."

"you're the one that held me on your shoulder against my will."