epilogue

"say cheese!" the photographer exclaimed to the group of teens who smiled wide as they looked towards the camera.

the next group of graduates were next up, the 00 liners quickly moving out of their way and began heading towards chenle and jisung who were standing with their parents in the distance.

meili could hear a giggle beside her, followed by the shutter of a phone camera, making her head snap in her boyfriend's direction.

"what are you doing?" she exclaimed, narrowing her eyes at the boy who was smiling widely at his phone. he didn't respond so she quickly yanked his phone out of his hand, earning a shout from the boy.

on the screen was a photo of meili's side profile, the girl with an unbothered expression on her face while her eyes were situated on a point in the distance. at first she didn't realize what was wrong before her eyes glanced to a small spot on her neck.

"oh no... WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU TELL ME!!" she yelled, glaring at the four in front of her who shrunk away in terror.

"w-we thought you knew," jeno explained, chuckling awkwardly, accompanied by renjun and jaemin's laughs.

"we?" donghyuck asked with a chuckle. "i knew all along."

he didn't seem to realize he was making matters worse for himself, suddenly getting attacked by a girl launching herself at him.

"I'M SORRY!"

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

the night was dark as the two walked down an empty sidewalk, hand in hand, both gazing up at the sky.

"it's really pretty tonight," meili muttered, loud enough for donghyuck to hear and smirk.

"just like you."

the girl cringed, letting go of his hand and giving him a light shove, earning a laugh in response.

"what? it's true."

she smiled, shaking her head in amusement. the two reached the entrance to the path that led to donghyuck's special spot, the place they began to occasionally meet after they started dating.

meili suddenly stopped, remembering the moments if the first time she was there.  the boy looked back in confusion, scanning her face. he noticed worry, furrowing his eyebrows as he realized what she was probably thinking about.

"c'mon, let's go," he held out his hand for her to grab, the girl immediately taking it. he laced their fingers together, smiling, and began to pull her into the trees.

"well," meili muttered as they reached the pond, staring up at the sky in thought. "highschool is finally over."

donghyuck nodded, a small wave of sadness passing over him as it was time to leave all the good memories they had behind.

new and better ones would come, he knew, especially once he revealed his news to meili.

he pulled the girl down on a log next to him, pulling her close as he buried his face in her neck. he inhaled her sweet scent, getting a giggle out of the girl who then planted a quick kiss on his forehead.

they both sat their for a couple moments, basking in each others warmth under the moonlight. as usual, fireflies began to emerge, lighting up all around the pond.

"meili i have something to tell you," donghyuck broke the silence, gently lifting his head to stare at the girl.

"yeah?" she urged him to continue, eyes watching him curiously.

"me and the boys were scouted by an entertainment group."

meili's eyes lit up with excitement.

"really? that's awesome!"

"yeah," he smiled shyly to himself, looking towards the pond. "they want us to debut in a new boy group in neo city, called nct dream. it would be with mark as well."

he was surprised when meili pulled him into a short kiss, smiling onto her mouth before she pulled away.

"that's amazing! you finally get to live your dream!"

the boy pulled her into a hug, giving her tiny kisses on her smiling face.

"i'm glad you're happy, to be honest i wasn't sure what you'd say," he admitted, smiling sheepishly.

"of course i'm happy for you," she scolded, pinching his cheek making him let out a whine. "what kind of girlfriend would i be if i wasn't?"

"i don't know," he shrugged. "but if you wanted me not to do it, i wouldn't."

"why?" she pulled back to look into his eyes.

"because i'd do anything for you."

that seemed to catch her off guard as she froze, cheeks flushing a deep crimson.

"yah, lee donghyuck!" she then shoved him away. "stop being cheesy."

he laughed before pulling her back towards him, bringing his mouth to her ear.

"but it's true."

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

the end :)

i hope you liked it💗💗💗