𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲

♔

Draco and I were packed. Blaise had written back and I sat at the windowsill to read the letter. I had been aching to read it, yearning for a response from my best friend.

We had spent all morning gathering our stuff together and making sure not a single trace of us was leftover. 

The last thing we needed was for Lucius and Narcissa to come back and find something of ours that indicated we were ever there. 

I opened the envelope and took the letter out, unfolding it in my lap and seeing how it was addressed to me, bringing a smile to my face. 

Dear Mags, 

I miss you so much, Hogwarts is simply not the same without you. What you told me about your father is so fucked up. I'm so sorry about all this pain, you deserve none of it. I know you want to hold off on telling Harry, but I think the sooner you do, the better. I know you're in danger of discovery, and I know this is risky to even write to you, but just know I will find you again. We will come back to each other, we have to. I miss my best friend. 

I pray Draco takes good care of you. He must, for his own good. That was sarcastic, make sure he knows that. I don't need my ass beat. Anyway, be safe in your mystery location that I will not disclose in this letter. 

Just know you're loved. Never forget that, I know it can be easy to. 

Yours, 

Blaise

I felt like crying after reading the letter. It was so reassuring, so heart-warming, and loving. I missed him so badly. 

"How was it?" Draco asked, and I passed it to him. "It's sweet," I said. He read it over and a hint of a smile found its way onto his face. 

The smile left soon after, however, and Draco looked sad again. "Are you alright?" I asked, wondering what had changed his demeanor so suddenly. 

"I want to apologize," He said, and I met his eyes with confusion in my own. "What do you mean?" I asked, getting up to walk over to him. He was sitting on his bed, and I walked in between his legs, holding his face in my hands. 

"I'm sorry for getting you involved with me. You could've had a normal life without someone like me in it," He said, and I shook my head. 

"That better be a joke. You're not great with jokes, though, so I get why it wasn't that funny," I interjected. "No, I'm serious. I can't help but feel like this is my fault," He said, and I stared into his eyes. 

"None of this is even remotely your fault. You didn't ask for this just like I didn't ask for this," I said, but he shook his head. "I know," He said shakily. His eyes watered slightly, and I was taken aback. 

I had never really seen Draco cry. He had shown emotion to me of course, I had seen him vulnerable, but tears were rare. 

"Babe, no. Hey, look at me. None of this is your fault," I said, pulling his head close to my chest and holding him there for a bit. 

"You are so incredible. There's nothing you've ever done or anything you'll ever do that could drive me away. I love you," I said, and he nodded as I held him. I felt him shake lightly, causing me to hold him tighter. 

Once again, he was hurting on my behalf. I couldn't be a hypocrite and overthink the same things he did, but it made me wonder how much better off he would be without me in his life. 

I wiped those thoughts from my brain as fast as they entered it, however. I pushed them away. I was done thinking negatively about our relationship, I was tired of doubting us. 

"You are my other half, do you hear me?" I asked, and he hummed a response. "Can you believe we hated each other when we first met?" He asked, looking up at me as I ran my fingers through his hair in a relaxing manner. 

"The first day we met, where was that?" 

"Kings Cross, I think," I said, and he nodded. 

"Yeah, and I bumped into you," He said, eliciting a laugh from me. I chuckled at the way we had really come full circle. "Yeah, dick move," I said, and he scoffed. 

"You may think that, but I definitely did it to get your attention," Draco defended, trying to salvage his pride. "Interesting tactic, douchebag," I joked. 

"Hey, it worked, didn't it?" He asked, motioning to the two of us in such close contact. "Oh, fuck off. So full of yourself," I laughed. 

"You're just mad it worked. I did that little hard to get thing, and it paid off," He smirked at me. "Shut up," I scoffed, crossing my arms. 

"You know you love me," He said proudly, and I smirked at him. "You're lucky I do. If I didn't, I would've kicked your conceited ass to the curb ages ago," I said, and he pretended to be shocked. 

"I'm offended. For someone that'll let me fuck her mercilessly, you sure have strong opinions on me," He said. My face dropped at his vulgar words although I secretly loved them. 

"And now you've found a way to make it weird," I said, breaking out of our embrace and walking back over to my side of the bed. 

"What? No, come back," He whined, but I shook my head. 

"No. Get away, go think about what you did," I joked, and he pouted. "You're the worst," He complained, and I laughed. 

"You know, for someone that loves fucking me mercilessly, you have strong opinions on me," I shot back. "Brave. You're very brave," He said with a chuckle. 

"I've been working on it," I said, and he crawled into bed with me. We were going to be leaving for France the next day, embarking on a new chapter of our lives, but at least we ended our time here positively. 

"Goodnight Draco," I said, and he returned the gesture, pulling me close to him and holding me as we fell asleep together for the last time in Malfoy Manor.

are you happy to be in paris????

oui