𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

♔

The next morning, on our way to breakfast, I nudged Blaise's shoulder.

"Quick question, how does the spell 'Praesidium' work?" I asked, and Blaise's eyes went tremendously wide.

"Why do you ask, you dirty dog?" He cackled, but I rolled my eyes. "I'm trusting you and being honest with my best friend, okay?" I said, and he nodded. "Who am I going to tell?" He asked rhetorically.

"I had sex with Draco last night," I said, and Blaise's hand flew up, clapping his mouth shut.

"You what?" He hissed, and I nodded, trying to contain my giddy laughter. "I know, I know. Keep your voice down," I said. He gave me an odd look, but then settled down.

"'Praesidium' basically renders infertile whoever the spell was cast on for twenty-four hours. It's a common spell that a shit ton of people use when they don't want to get knocked up," He said, and I nodded.

"Well, that's perfect, I did not plan on having a baby any time soon," I answered.

"Did he... you know, inside you?" Blaise asked and I covered my face, nodding shamefully.

"Well, this is a learning experience. In order for the spell to work without fail, it would have to be cast on both participants. It's fine if he used it and didn't blah blah blah inside you, but since he did there's a slim chance the spell could've... missed a spot," Blaise informed me.

I froze. "So... what do I do now? How do I- do you think Hogsmeade sells any morning-after stuff?" I asked frantically, but Blaise shrugged.

"How should I know?" He asked, and I groaned. "Great," I huffed.

"Why didn't you guys wear a condom?" Blaise asked pointedly, and I rolled my eyes. "I know we should've but it was just so heat of the moment," I weakly defended, a blush creeping onto my cheeks along with a dopey smile as I reminisced about the night before.

"You're too much," Blaise scoffed, nudging my shoulder, and I chuckled.

We ate in the Great Hall, and much to my surprise, Draco came and sat down next to me.

Although he didn't look the happiest, he was still here. He chose to come down during breakfast, and this was enough for me.

"How are you?" He asked, and I shifted my gaze to him. "I'm good, how about you?" I asked.

We were conversing like we barely knew each other. "I- I have to tell you something," He said, disregarding my question, but I was attentive to him anyway.

I nodded to tell him to go ahead. "Can we talk in the hallway?" He asked, and I nodded, this time a bit hesitantly. I watched as he stood up before me and extended a hand to help me up, although I didn't need it.

I looked at his hand questioningly, we hadn't told anyone about us besides Blaise, this was very odd behavior from Draco in the eyes of anyone else.

He noticed what he was doing and swiftly played it off by acting as if he held his hand out to motion for me to move faster.

"Alright, alright, relax," I said, playing into it.

We both walked out of the Great Hall and into a nearby corridor. As we stood apart from each other, tension thick between us, and I looked into his eyes awkwardly. "What is it?" I asked, genuinely concerned now.

He looked so skittish, so vulnerable, and so timid.

"I- uh... do you remember that I finished it?" He asked, and I furrowed my brow in confusion. "Finished wha-"

I finished your book, that Pride and whatever book. You remember I told you that, don't you?," He pushed, and I just looked at him.

"Prejudice," I finished for him.

"Right, Pride and Prejudice," He corrected.

"Yeah, I remember you said something about that a while ago," I said, and his tense facial expression relaxed a bit. "I liked it," He said, and I smiled. "Good," I said.

When he said nothing else, I fidgeted awkwardly. I wasn't sure what else there was to be said, but I found it odd that he had brought me out here to remind me that he had finished a book.

"Well, at the end of it, after everything Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy went through, they got..."

"- Married," I breathed anxiously.

"Don't say anything stupid, Draco," I pleaded with him as he looked at me all funny-like.

"I'm not, oh god- I'm not proposing, you half-wit," He said with a breathy, yet tense laugh.

I snickered and shoved his arm at his little joking insult.

I wondered what he thought of our relationship, but at the same time, did we even have a relationship? Was I just a fuck buddy? I thought we had connected on a level that neither of us knew we could previously.

I swallowed my pride, I had to find out if we were anything more than friends with benefits, so I asked.

"Draco, what exactly are we then?" I asked shyly, not fully sure if I even wanted to know the answer.

His eyes connected with mine, and then, before I could register what was happening, he was kissing me. I kissed back, of course, but when we pulled apart, I was still confused. My head was spinning, quite honestly.

"Does that answer your question?" He asked.

"No, not really," I said honestly. I always found that gesture so stupid, how was a kiss supposed to verbally tell me where we stood?

"Oh, uh... I don't know what to-"

"Are we dating?" I asked bravely. His eyes shot open wider than I'd ever seen them, and he connected them with my own. "Do you want that?" He asked, and I shrugged. "I mean, yeah, I guess-" I started, playing it off as nonchalant when, in reality, it was the only thing I had been thinking about lately.

"Magdelena Warrington, I need you to tell me honestly. Is that what you want?" He asked, stepping closer to me, and I gulped but nodded. "Yes," I answered.

"Well it's exactly what I want as well," He said, and I smiled. I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I had been holding and without thinking, wrapped my arms around his neck.

I could tell he didn't know what to do, but slowly, his arms snaked around my waist, holding me too.

"I'm not good at this whole dating thing," He admitted, still hugging me tightly. "Me neither," I said, my face buried in the crook of his neck.

"Ahem," A voice interrupted from behind us. We jumped apart and my eyes fell on Professor McGonagall slyly smirking at the scene before her.

"I do hate to intrude on such a touching moment," She started, but her face fell back into a somber expression after that sentence, ", but Maggie, your father is in the Headmaster's office. He wants to see you."

ohhhhhhh shit. shits going down. again. god damn i gotta write this bitch a break.