𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

♔

Back at the Slug Club Christmas party, I got back just in time for the meal. I sat down with Graham, explaining to him where I had gone and obviously lying.

I told him I lost Draco and wandered around the castle for a bit looking for him, but had no luck.

"Sorry about that," He said, showing me to our seats at the table, and I shrugged it off. "It's fine, I'll talk to him later," I said, and he nodded.

"What's the deal with you two recently, if you don't mind me asking."

"It's complicated," I said, and he nodded. "That's all I need, you don't have to tell me anything you're not comfortable with," He said, and I looked at him endearingly. We began to eat, and table conversation picked up around us with everyone.

Graham and I began laughing as hiddenly as we could as we caught Cormac sending Hermione suggestive looks, and she returned them with ones of discomfort and disgust.

"Look, look, look!" I whispered to him, pointing at Cormac as he stared Hermione down and sucked on one of his fingers he had dipped into his dessert.

Graham laughed outwardly, not able to conceal it in time, which only made me laugh harder. Soon, people were looking at us like we had gone insane, but we didn't care as this only made everything ten times funnier.

"Oh my god, he's a pig! Does he think that's what's going to make Hermione want to fuck him? Ugh!" I laughed as Graham and I walked back to the Slytherin common room after the party had ended.

The punch bowl was harshly spiked that night, and I had just now realized... seven cups later.

Graham and I, both drunk off our asses, giggled incessantly as we walked to the dungeon, the door opening with the use of the password, and we both went inside.

The fire was roaring and the couch looked incredibly comfortable, so I wandered over there and took a seat. Graham followed me, sitting down next to me and resting his head on my shoulder, which I laughed at.

"My head is so heavy, how do I keep it up all day long?" He asked, sounding exhausted.

I giggled, shoving it off my shoulder and letting him slump down on my lap. "I don't know, bighead, how do you?" I asked rhetorically.

"I had fun tonight," He said after a while, and I nodded.

"I did too," I agreed, and I watched as his eyelids fluttered open again and he forced himself to sit up. We both looked into each other's eyes for a little bit, not knowing what to do next but both knowing what we wanted to do.

"We're too drunk for this," Graham said, groaning and standing up to stretch. I felt like I had missed out on something, but he was right.

"You're right, maybe we should go to bed," I said.

He looked down at me from where he stood, I had not gotten up off the couch yet.

"I just want to say one thing. I think you're an amazing girl, and I think you're beautiful. I always have, and I know I blew my chance by being a huge asshole. I won't lie to you and say I don't want to kiss you right now, but we're drunk and I'll end up falling for you, which can't happen," He said sadly, and I cocked my head.

"Why not?" I asked, knowing it was an entirely selfish question.

"You know why. You're too in love with Malfoy for it to not be one-sided," He said, causing me to sigh.

"I don't think he loves me back right now," I said, sitting up and pulling myself together before I started crying. "I'm sure he does, Maggie. Every couple fights," He said, and I nodded, trying to hear the truth behind his words.

"It doesn't feel like it," I said.

He held his arms out and I took them, helping me to my feet. I stood and faced him sadly, and he pulled me into a tight, but a careful hug. Like he was afraid I was going to break.

I hugged him back and felt my entire body shake with a powerful, yet silent, sob. I made no effort to conceal it, I was too drunk to do that anyway.

He could tell I was crying but wasn't running away screaming. I appreciated that he wasn't letting this drive him away.

"Thank you," I whispered, and he rubbed my back comfortingly. When we pulled apart from each other, I looked at him with a guilty expression.

"What?"

"I sort of told Draco you and I were going to Hogsmeade this weekend. You know, to make him jealous," I said, and he laughed. "Well, we are going to Hogsmeade this weekend," He said, and I smiled up at him. "Goodnight, Montague," I said, and he smiled back at me.

"Goodnight, Warrington," He said back.

It got really awkward when I went up to the boy's dorm hallway with Graham still nearby, and I turned and made a face. "We literally broke up yesterday, I didn't have time to move all my stuff," I said, and he covered his mouth to conceal a chuckle.

"Don't laugh at me!" I exclaimed, swatting him on the chest. We both went out separate ways again, but when I went into Draco's room expecting him to be asleep, I was surprised to see he was fully awake, sitting on his bed looking at me.

"I trust you, and I'm sorry," He said, and I sucked in a deep breath.

"I-" I began, but he cut me off.

"You don't have to say anything, just know that I'm sorry. I don't expect to be forgiven right away. Goodnight, I love you," He said, and I bit my tongue at the last words. I wanted to say them back, but he said I didn't have to say anything, so I didn't.

I felt it, but I wasn't sure if saying it was the best idea tonight. I felt downright awful. I was going to kiss Graham, and here I was accepting his trust as if I wasn't the biggest bitch on the planet. 

I love you too, Draco, I thought to myself.

purr. i just published a new book, a james potter fic "dodger", so go give it a read! i love it so much and i cant wait to continue it, its literally (besides this book) my fav so far. thanks! xo!

uhhhh i accidentally titled this chapter 56, and its literally just not that. its 54. sorry ahahahah im kind of slow.