𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

♔

"Morning, love," George said as I descended down the stairs. I turned and saw him in green plaid pajama bottoms and a grey t-shirt. "Hey, Georgie," I said with a smile, walking towards the coffee pot that was brewing itself.

I loved being at the Weasley's home already, everything was so animated and unique. George was the only one awake so far besides me and the house was quiet.

I woke up way too early that morning, but it was funny enough that George had as well. "What's cooking?" I asked, and he looked around. "Nothing yet, what are you craving?" He asked.

I thought about it for a second, really trying to pick something I wanted to eat, and then came upon my answer. "Pancakes," I said, and he grinned.

"You know who loves pancakes?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"Freddie, he should be waking up near noon, though, so he'll miss them," George answered, and I chuckled. "Chocolate chip or blueberry?" He asked, and I scoffed. "No question, chocolate chip. I love blueberry, but not for this morning," I said, and he nodded.

"Very distinguished pancake judge, huh?" He quipped, and I furrowed my brow, nodding. "Oh, of course," I confirmed.

"Speaking of Fred..." I started after a while, ", he's been acting weird around me since I got here," I said.

"Weird?" George asked, mixing the pancake batter and not turning to look at me as he spoke. "Yeah, like all fidgety and... well... weird," I said.

"Huh, that's not like him, is it?" George said, half-questioning himself, and I noticed he was no longer stirring. His hands were holding the bowl tightly and he still wasn't turning around to look at me.

"George? Are... are you okay?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine," He said, picking up the whisk again and beginning to mix once more.

"George," I warned, knowing he wasn't telling me everything. Something was definitely on his mind, I just needed to figure out what. It was going to eat me alive if I didn't figure this out, so I pressed on.

"You can talk to me, Georgie," I said, and he sighed. I could hear it from where I was sitting, the man was stressed.

"You can't say anything. You can't look at him differently, okay?" He said, and I nodded.

"Fred, he... he's always had a thing for you. Maybe you never noticed, maybe he didn't make it obvious enough, I don't know," George said.

It felt like a slap to the face, to be honest. I couldn't register what he was telling me. Fred Weasley liked me? Like... liked me? It was absurd! It was ridiculous! It was... possible.

He was always so kind to me, but I assumed it was just in a friendly manner. "You're kidding," I said, but George shook his head.

"No, I wish I was. He likes you, Maggie," George confirmed. "George... does he know I'm dating Draco?" I asked, fearing the worst.

"Hang on, what?" George gaped at me, and I internally slapped my forehead. "You guys are so far out of the loop," I groaned, burying my face in my hands. "Maggie. You and... Draco Malfoy?" George asked, not able to fathom what I had said.

"I know, it's unexpected. He's a good person, though, he's changed a lot since you guys have known him," I said, trying to convince him of what I knew to be true.

"I just can't believe it... you used to hate that bloke," George said, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to comprehend this information. "I know," I said, and George blew out a confused breath.

"It makes no sense, but I love him, Georgie," I said, and he shot back from me. "Love? You love him? When the bloody hell did all this happen?!" George exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes at his theatrics.

"We have a lot in common, you'd be surprised," I said, and he sighed. "I am happy for you, how could I not be? But this'll crush Fred," George said.

"That's not your problem, of course, you had no idea. Besides, you can't choose who you love, it just happens, I suppose," George reasoned with himself. I let him have his little moment of analysis, deciding to wait until he deemed himself ready to talk to me again.

"Fred's gonna have to find this out from you, you don't mind do you?" He asked, looking up at me, and I shook my head. "I knew it would have to be that way. It's only fair, and he'll want to know more, hopefully I can explain it well enough." I said.

"Perfect," He said.

We remembered the pancakes and looked at the stove, which had taken over cooking for us. The pan was floating in the air, a spatula on its right, ready to flip the sweet breakfast food. It hovered for a moment, not sure what do to with itself, but eventually scooped up the cooked batter and flipped it over, revealing a golden-brown surface that looked perfect.

"Would you look at that?" George said, snapping us both out of our trances as he stood up to check on the food.

He pulled his wand out and effortlessly set the table for us. We knew nobody would be waking up at this hour with us, it was about five in the morning, so we could eat in peace.

"George?" I said, and he turned, looking me in the eyes.

"I'm scared," I said, and his eyes softened. "You deserve to be. We won't let anything happen to you though, you know that, right?"

"I'm scared of what might happen to you guys, not me. I don't want Voldemort finding out your family hid me. Same for Fleur," I said, and he shook his head, "Don't think that way," He said, pulling me towards him for a secure hug that made half my worries melt away.

I hugged and held on to the taller boy, feeling safe in his presence.

"Now let's eat," He suggested, and I chuckled, nodding.

"Yes, please," I agreed.

filler chapter... ugh sorry, i've been hella unmotivated. i kind of hate this chapter, but whatever.