𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫!

♔

*𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤!*

The mid-afternoon weather in Nova Scotia was heavenly. What was even more heavenly was standing on the left side of Daphne Greengrass as her maid of honor.

Her long white gown was exquisitely tailored, and as she professed her vows, I found myself tearing up.

I looked across from me at Draco, all dressed up in an expensive suit as he dutifully stood by the groom as his best man.

And I could never forget about the groom himself. It was safe to say Blaise looked the happiest he had ever been as he stared longingly into Daphne's eyes, a blissful grin on his face as she spoke.

His vows were coming up next, and I was beaming from cheek to cheek as he fumbled with the small piece of paper in his pocket.

"Daph... I don't think you know how long I've been waiting for this exact moment," He began, his fingers a little shaky as he held the wrinkled paper and recited it.

He paused for a brief moment, inhaling deeply and looking at me for support.

Be brave, I mouthed to him.

He gave me a tiny, almost imperceptible nod before folding the paper again and pocketing it. His eyes once again met Daphne and I smiled to myself again.

Blaise knew how to speak from his heart, and everyone was ready to listen.

"I love you. I've loved you for a long, long time. Ever since I met you, I've looked at you and longed for you to look back at me. Everything about you drew me in immediately. As many people know, I liked playing matchmaker back at Hogwarts. Little did I know some scrawny American would swoop in and play matchmaker for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way," He said, earning chuckles from the guests.

"I love everything about you. Your intelligence, beauty, confidence, charisma, strength, and your ability to humble me. I know that isn't easy," He said with a smirk, and Daphne giggled, holding his hands only a tad tighter out of pure bliss.

"You're so incredibly special to me. You always will be. I can't wait to start a family with you... to live our lives together and grow old in each other's arms. Daphne, you're my home. The only home I'll ever want or need. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you. Loving you was never an option. It was a necessity," He said, and I sucked back tears at his phenomenal word choice.

Daphne hardly held it together herself, a tear falling down her cheek and her eyes trained lovingly and intensely on Blaise.

"I love you forever and a day," He finished his vows, smiling at her with nothing but pure love in his eyes.