𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

♔

The remainder of the break was spent at my house. Most of my time was spent alone, my dad had locked himself in his office a lot. 

We barely spoke. Something in him had changed since the meeting with Voldemort and the other Death Eaters. 

We saw nobody from that night at the Zabini's for the rest of the days off I had from school, but that wasn't a problem for me. Blaise had owled and offered to bring my stuff to school early, which I accepted, and my belongings were sent to his house last night. 

On the last night before I had to go back, I mustered up enough courage to do what I had wanted to do since that night my hair went white and I discovered my Veela bloodline. 

Walking cautiously up to my dad's office door, I knocked boldly and waited for any sort of response from inside the room. 

"Enter," He said from inside, much more formally than I was used to. 

That was another thing, he only spoke in formalities to me now. It made him feel like a total stranger. 

"What is it Magdelena?" He sighed exasperatedly as he saw who was in the doorway. 

"We need to talk," I said. 

He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "Talk about what?" He asked, patronizing me. 

"You need to tell me about mom," I said. I would give him a chance to tell me the truth. Judging by the look on his face, though, I wasn't sure if he was going to. 

"Why do you have to know anything about your mother? You never ask about her, but now... now she's of interest? Just leave it alone," He said, his face stern and cold. 

"Were you ever going to tell me she was a Veela?" I asked, and he looked at me like I had slapped him in the face. 

"So it's finally happened. I've been afraid of this day," He said, rubbing his forehead in an unnerved manner. 

"I'm part Veela and you never planned on telling me! You thought you could keep this in the dark?" I said, my voice getting louder. 

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me," He snapped. 

"You never told me this-" 

"YOU'RE A HALF-BREED. THEY CAN NEVER FIND OUT!" My dad boomed, getting up from his desk so fast that his chair keeled backward and crashed onto the floor. 

I felt tears well up in my eyes as he screamed at me. "I found out by myself. Blaise found me right after and talked me down, but I was so scared. My hair turned white and fire came out of my hands, dad, I was terrified," I said weakly. 

"If any of them ever find out about you, I'll be expunged... I- It would not be good for me. The Dark Lord will kill us both, you idiotic girl!" My dad shouted. 

Never before had I heard him yell like this. 

"I took you and your mother to America to hide you from them. Your mother had no concern for my internal affairs, she wanted to go back to France and take you with her, but that couldn't happen... It just couldn't, so I did what I had to do in order to stop her-" 

"What?" I breathed, my eyes wide. 

"I had- I had to make sure she wouldn't take you to France. That... it's too close to the Dark Lord, he would've found out about you," He said. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, backing away from the man who was now towering over me. A man I didn't know. This wasn't my dad, this was a crazed lunatic. 

His eyes were nearly bulging out of his head. 

"You... you killed her," I said in disbelief. I had admitted it to myself, and when I saw the look in his eyes once I said it, it was confirmed. I covered my mouth with my hands, a choked sob forcing its way up my throat. 

I backed out of the room, afraid of this... this stranger

He wasn't my father. 

I ran up to my room as fast as I could, hearing him coming from behind me, and I locked the door swiftly. 

"Alohomora," I heard from the outside of it, and when my dad entered the room, I knew I was trapped. "Will you calm down, Magdelena? I'm not going to hurt you," He said, and I shook my head. 

"You're a horrible person. You- you're a monster," I shouted at him. 

"And you're a brat! I did this for us-" 

"No! You did this for you! Don't pretend like you had any concern for me when you only did it to save yourself from Voldemort finding out!" 

"You will call him the Dark Lord, you disrespectful half-breed!" He screamed, raising his hand to me and striking me across the face. 

I was stunned. 

Never in my life had my dad hit me. The anger coursing through my veins made sense now. It made sense to me why my palms were hot. It made sense why I was seeing white. It made sense. 

I saw from the corners of my eyes my hair turning back to that piercing white-gold shade and my hands began to glow orange. 

"You see? See what you are? You're the monster! You!" My dad boomed, and I shook my head. From my right hand, flames projected themselves onto the ground and into the cracks of the wood. 

The place went up in flames quickly, the fire spreading like... well... wildfire

"Look what you've done!" He shrilled, and I began to panic. My breathing got heavy, but I had no choice but to run. I sprinted out of my room, my hair changing back to black and my hands becoming normal once more. 

My dad apparated away, I heard the crack of it. Of course he'd save himself. 

I bounded out of the house, running into the garden in the front. I watched the mansion slowly burn, the fire spreading faster than I thought. I observed, in horror, the house I was not familiar with briskly catch fire from my own doing. 

This was no longer my life. This was no longer my home. 

Nothing would ever be the same. 

ahhhhhh i wish i didn't make fabian such a dick so i could shamelessly call him hot. anyway, tom hiddleston on the other hand is hot regardless. so many emotions, so much confliction. feel free to ask questions if anyone is confused about anything!