𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

♔

The days leading up to the battle were excruciating. I only wanted to make sure Draco was safe, and it seemed like the longer I had to wait to see him again... the worse I worried. 

Fred and I spoke briefly in passing, but I wasn't ready to forgive him fully just yet. He had really hurt me when he yelled at me outside the wedding. 

I had been thinking about the battle more than I had been thinking about mending our friendship right away. I had more on my mind. 

We were on the move now, all of us. We had gone back to Hogwarts for what we had all been preparing for, the final fight between us and Voldemort's army. 

The school was flooded with frantic students running for their lives. It was a blur, the whole thing. I didn't know which way to look, which way to cast spells, which way to defend myself from.

Death Eaters were running ramped, and I had no idea where to go to find Draco again. Was he even here? As I fought off one Death Eater that came at me from the side, I ran off on my own, trying to lose the rest of the heathens following me. 

"Where are you?" I muttered to myself, to Draco even, as I ran. 

I couldn't find him, and my breath quickened. That letter was a bit ago... what if he had been caught? What if his family found out he knew where I was, and they had punished him for it? 

I became more desperate at that point. Where could he be? What had they done to him? 

Then, from my left, a familiar Death Eater with ragged curls jumped out at me, grabbing me by the neck and pinning me to the wall. "Bella... long time, no see," I strained as her clutch around my neck tightened. 

"You've no right to use my name, wench," She hissed, grinning maniacally at me. I snarled at her as she threatened me, but her grip only became stronger. "Get the fuck off me," I snapped, letting my anger get the best of me and allowing the fire the grow in my palms as I gripped her arms. 

She howled in pain, dropping me and clutching her wrists after I had burned them. "Filthy half-breed. That's what you are! That's all you'll ever be!" She cried, her insanity showing as she yelled louder and louder. 

"Where is he?" I demanded, the fire growing in my hands as I walked towards her in a threatening manner. "Who? Oh... your lover boy? Where is he, where is he? I don't know where- Oh! Yes... with the Dark Lord himself, as luck make have it for you dear," She riddled, and I sighed at her semantics.