𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

♔

Nobody knew how unevenly these events would play out. The next few months gave time to finish the vanishing cabinet, and now the week of the invasion was upon us. 

We would let them in three days from now, all those Death Eaters. 

The very thought made me sick, but the very selfish part of me was excited to get it over with and get out of here with Draco. 

I had felt odd all day. I didn't want to let anyone know that I was acting weird, though, so I kept my head and managed to look normal. To act natural. 

Draco felt the off vibe as well, and he did nothing my talk to me about it for days. He tried to relax me, to get me to not worry, but I did not want us to end up in Azkaban. 

"I don't know if I can do this," I said uncertainly, my voice wavering as we sat together on his bed, legs crossed and facing each other.

I fiddled with my fingernails and Draco took my hands, trying to distract me. "You're strong. We can do this, you're not alone. I won't leave your side for even a second when we do this, okay?" 

"Okay," I breathed, not sure if I could fully trust that statement, but trying to regardless. I knew he would try, but he couldn't control if we got separated. 

I just needed peace of mind. 

When the day finally came, I was more than nervous. I was jittery, jumpy, and skittish all day long. 

Draco met me after classes, and we made our way back to his dorm. I paced anxiously, not knowing how to handle the fact that tonight was the night we killed Dumbledore. 

I didn't want to kill him, I didn't have it in me. He was a good man. He helped me. 

He was going to tell me more about my dad. 

I had no idea what to feel, and Draco noticed this. 

"Maggie! Calm down, love. Please," He said, pulling me into his arms. I stood there momentarily, relishing in this feeling for as long as I possibly could. Nothing... and I knew this for a fact: Nothing would ever be the same after this. 

All because of me. Draco and I. My bastard dad. 

If I ever saw him again, I'd kill him. That would be a promise. I nearly began fuming at the thought of ever seeing him once more, and I knew I would only get angrier. 

"Have I ever told you that you're beautiful?" Draco asked, trying to distract me. I knew what he was doing, but I blushed anyway. "You have," I said, smiling ever so slightly. 

"Well, you are. You have the most beautiful eyes. Nose. Lips. Everything. I love you, and once we're out of here, we'll be set," He said, and I smiled up at him.