𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

♔

"What do you want?" I asked, and he shrugged. 

"I saw you come into the Great Hall. I was sitting with Crabbe and Goyle when you got into that little spat with Zabini," He said. 

"So you followed me?" 

"Yeah, I guess I did." 

I took another bite out of my apple before turning around and throwing the core into the lake.

"Are you okay, Maggie?" He asked, but I didn't feel like responding. 

"I'm fine, why do you ask?" 

"You just seem... different," He admitted. I turned around and walked back up the grass a little bit, find a comfortable spot under a large tree to sit. He followed me over there but didn't sit. 

"I am different, I guess," I said, and he nodded. 

"What happened... with your house, I mean," He asked, and I tensed up at the subject. "It burned down," I stated. 

Obviously, it had burned down, and he knew I wasn't telling him everything, but what was I going to do? What should I have said?

"Maggie..." He started, knowing I was full of shit. 

"I burned it down, alright? It was an accident," I said. 

"So it's true," He said, and I furrowed my brow, looking at him questioningly. 

"I didn't believe it at first, it just sounded so far-fetched," Draco scoffed. 

"What?" 

"You are part Veela, aren't you? I knew you were half and half, but I wasn't sure what the other half was."

I stood up suddenly, bewildered. My eyes were wild, not knowing where to look. How did he know? Who told him? Did his father find out? Was I in danger?

"Maggie! Maggie, calm down, please. Come here, relax," He pleaded.

"Blaise told me..." He said, almost sounding ashamed. 

"Blaise?" I asked, feeling a little betrayed. How could he tell Draco something like this? Something that put my life in so much danger? 

"I wouldn't tell a soul," He said softly. 

I looked at him, finding it exhausting to be stubborn anymore. We were in the same boat, only my boat was in rough waters. Maybe his was too, though. 

"You promise?" I asked, quite childishly sticking out my pinky towards him. 

He looked down at my outstretched hand and smiled lightly, bending down and linking our pinkies together. "I promise," He said. 

He then sat down, being very careful not to mess up his robes. "You're not eating lately," He said, more as a statement than asking. "I eat," I said unconvincingly.