𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

♔

"That's not funny Blaise, now what the hell is happening to me?" I asked frantically. 

"You. Are. Part. Veela. Your dad told me to keep an eye on you at the beginning of the school year, not let you get too angry or your powers would surface. He kept you mild in America but needed me to keep your powers in check at Hogwarts," He explained. 

"But how does that... how does that even..." 

"Your mother was a Delacour. They're a long line of French Veelas and your mother was one of them," He said. 

I soaked in what he was telling me, it was all too surreal. 

Me? A Veela? Impossible. 

I didn't know much about my mom if I was honest. 

I never even knew her name. 

Now I did, I guess. 

Delacour

"What else do you know about my mom?" I asked as Blaise stuffed his hands in his pocket nervously. 

The hair resting on my shoulders had faded back to its natural dark brown hue. 

The heat I previously felt in my hands had now subsided. 

"Only her name," He said, and I nodded to tell him to keep going. 

"Genevieve Delacour, sister of Apolline Delacour. Your cousins, Fleur and Gabrielle, were at Hogwarts briefly during the Tri-Wizard Tournament," He explained. 

"My dad only ever said he was an only child. He never mentioned if my mom had any siblings, so I assumed she didn't," I said. 

"What are you doing out here?" Blaise finally asked. "I needed to get some fresh air. I-" 

"You went too far," He said sternly. 

"I'm sorry, am I being reprimanded right now? Do I have to remind you that fire shoots out of my hands?" I asked sarcastically.  

"Yeah, whatever. I'm still supposed to keep you under control. Clearly, you can't do it yourself," He rolled his eyes. 

"Oh yeah, Blaise, I'm a loose cannon," I said with an exaggerated roll of my eyes, mimicking his behavior. "I would've kept my head a little better if I knew about the sudden pyrokinesis," I reasoned. 

"Still, we need to be more careful than ever now. My father and I know about you, but your father wants nobody else knowing about this. He apparently can't have any of the others finding out you're a half-breed," He said. 

Suddenly very crestfallen, I lowered my head. 

"He's been acting weird ever since we got here. He's embarrassed by me," I said, realizing and coming to terms with what the situation was.