𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

♔

I marched to the library with Blaise, determined to study for my O.W.L.S. successfully for the first time since the kiss with Draco. 

I had busied myself with attempted studying and DA meetings all week. Moreso the DA meetings and dodging the Inquisitorial Squad, which Draco was, unfortunately, a part of. That did give me more incentive to keep away from them though. 

I hadn't told Blaise about the kiss yet, but I planned to soon. I just didn't know how he would react to it, but I was sure it wouldn't necessarily be bad.  

We sat down together and I pulled out my materials. I had to get focused, but it had been a week of trying to study and failing due to thinking about that damn kiss. 

I had avoided Draco, which was easy because he was avoiding me too. 

I bounced my leg as I tried to read through my Potions notes and Care of Magical Creatures work. I tapped my fingers on the table and bit my thumbnail, returning to the nervous habit I had.

Suddenly, Blaise grabbed my wrists and slammed them flat onto the table. "Are you going mental? It's either you tell me what's got you so screwed up or I go find out myself," He said, and I took a deep breath, looking around erratically. 

"Well... Draco and I... he kissed me," I said clapping my hands over my face directly after saying it. Admitting it out loud to someone made it seem so much more real. "I hate myself," I muttered, squeezing my eyes shut to shield myself from his reaction.

"That's it?" He asked, and I glared at him. 

"Yes!"

"I knew you fancied him," He said smugly, and I groaned, burying my head in my arms as I folded them on the table. 

"I don't know what happened. I kissed back too, I just- ugh," I complained. 

"Did you enjoy it?" 

"Of course I enjoyed it, he's a great kisser- but that's not the point," I said, and Blaise nodded. "So when was this kiss? You've been antsy all week," He said, and I looked back up. 

"Last week. The night of the party," I said. 

"I thought you went to sleep? Unless he joined you?" He said with a smirk, and I glared at him again. 

"No, no. I read in the common room every night at midnight, and he comes down too. It's been going on for a while, we just sit and do our own thing. Anyway, he kissed me when I tried giving his sweater back again. I was mad because of what Montague said under the Veritaserum, but Draco explained it was only to try to get the bet called off," I said. 

"I believe it. That quidditch team is the biggest group of thick-minded gits I've ever met," Blaise said, and I nodded, dipping my quill in some ink to start organizing my notes.