𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

♔

The next morning, I didn't want to leave my bed. I was so content to lay here all day and replay last night in my head over and over. 

Nothing made me more flustered than that, and I thought about it all night. 

I wondered if it meant the same to him as it meant to me. I initiated it, but he reciprocated, so maybe he did. 

I rolled out of bed and hazily got ready for school. I was still in a bit of a trance... a happy trance. The news I had received last night and the shock that came from it was almost nonexistent in my mind. 

I got dressed, tying my shoes, and leaving my dorm. I met Blaise in the common room, where he gave me an odd look. 

"What's got you so smiley?" He asked, and I shrugged. "It's just a beautiful day isn't it?" I asked absentmindedly. 

"First of all, our common room is underwater out those windows, and second of all, it's raining today," Blaise stated flatly, not buying it. "I... I don't know, I'm just in a good mood today, that's all," I said, unable to conceal my smile. 

I turned to look behind me, considering telling Blaise but not wanting anyone else to hear. "MAGGIE! What is that on your neck?!" Blaise cackled, moving the collar of my shirt to reveal the hickey planted there. 

"What- Get off, it's nothing!" I insisted, swatting his hand away from me and fixing my collar to cover that part of my neck again. 

"Who gave you that then? Draco, I reckon?" He said, and I nearly performed Silencio on him. "Why are you so damn loud?" I hissed at him. 

"You don't need to know who, you'll survive without that intel for right now," I said with a roll of my eyes. 

"Bullocks-" 

"Oh, grow up, I have news you'll probably be way more interested in hearing anyway," I said, and he shook his head, annoyed.

"Get on with it, then," He said, and I smirked. 

"Daphne's coming to Hogsmeade with us this weekend, and by us, I mean you," I said, and Blaise's eyes widened. 

"What d'you mean?" He barked, panicking slightly. "Don't worry, she likes you. You know she likes you," I said. 

"Fine, fine. Thank you, Mags," He said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Let's go, we have Potions," I said, and he nodded as we walked to our class together. 

In Potions class, our group was certainly... interesting. 

Harry, Hermione, Ron, Draco, Blaise, and I were all in one room trying to learn how to brew potions we knew virtually nothing about. We were, however, all being offered a vial of Liquid Luck if we succeeded in our potion-making better than any other student in the class. 

Our professor, a man named Slughorn, waddled around the classroom as we attempted to replicate the recipes given to us in our textbooks. Throughout the class, Harry seemed to be flying through the instructions and performing them with ease. 

As I read through the multitudes of steps we needed to follow, I found ways around the seemingly impossible methods being provided to us. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harry crush one of the ingredients rather than cutting it like the book said. 

It seemed to do the trick, so I found little shortcuts and ways to get the same results, but in a simpler way. 

I made eye contact with Draco many times, but we always looked away from each other after a few seconds. I wanted to be near him again, and judging by the look on his face, he wanted the same thing.

I finished my potion after Harry, but while mine was good enough, his was seemingly perfect

"How'd you do it?" I asked him after class out in the hallway, and he shrugged, "I guess I got lucky," He said with a smile. 

"If you're so lucky, I'll be taking this," I joked, pretending to try to snag the Liquid Luck from him, to which he pretended to throw it across the hall. 

"Go fetch," He chuckled, and I scoffed, nudging his arm. 

"This class is kind of hard, I didn't expect that," Blaise said as he caught up to both of us. 

"I don't know, Harry seemed to get the hang of it," I commented, and as Blaise continued to talk to Harry, I noticed Draco eyeing me down on the other end of the corridor. 

"Excuse me, gents, I have to use the bathroom," I said, and both boys scrunched their faces up, but nodded. I walked away from the two of them, and as if on my cue, Draco disappeared down a small hallway. 

I followed him down it, but as I turned the corner, he was gone. 

Nobody was in the hallway except for me, so I carefully walked down it, looking around for any sign of another person. 

"Draco?" I whispered, and suddenly, I was being pulled into a broom closet out of nowhere. "Woah, shit!" I unintentionally exclaimed, surprised by the suddenness of what had just happened. 

Once inside, I came face to face with none other than Draco Malfoy himself. My breath hitched in my throat, and I waited for him to say something. "Why were you talking to Potter?" He demanded, and I shrugged. 

"I was just talking to him, he's my friend, what's so wrong with that?" I asked, confused about his demeanor. 

"He's your friend? You talk to him the same way you talk to Blaise, do you?" 

"What are you trying to say, Draco, stop beating around the bush," I demanded, fed up with his jealousy. 

"I don't know, you looked pretty close with him for a second there," Draco shot back, towering over me and advancing towards me ever so slightly. 

I sucked in a breath at our close proximity. 

"But who was I kissing last night?" I asked, feeling bold. 

He said nothing, just staring into my eyes and breathing rather heavily. I put my hand on his chest as I looked up at him. "Who was touching me last night?" I asked. 

"Who was it that had their hand around my neck last night, huh?" I asked, and at that, I saw the darkness in Draco's eyes intensify. "Someone's confident," He said, pushing me up against the wall behind us. 

"Harry's just a friend, I have never seen him like that, and I never will," I said. 

"You promise?" Draco said, his hand traveling to my waist, but I had all the power here now. I had the upper hand. 

I nodded but took his hand off my waist. "Meet me in the common room tonight," I said, smirking at him and leaving the broom closet he had previously shoved us into. 

"What time?" 

As I walked away, I heard him clamber out after me, so I turned around and shot him a wink. 

"You know what time." 

17k... thank you sm... omg... anywho, i would like to announce that SMUT will be happening soon. please stay tuned, and be patient. i think it'll be worth the wait though!!!!!!!!!