𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

♔

The time for our plan to be put into action had finally arrived.

I had waited so long for this, and Montague had been waiting for this night as well. We planned the afterparty together with the help of Blaise, and I made sure to be extra flirty all day.

"Remember, don't get too worked up over this. He isn't worth the effort. Don't get mad, get even," He said, shooting me a wink. 

Blaise had informed me that Montague was telling the team that tonight was the night for the bet to be won.

Just thinking about it was gross enough, but I relished in the fact that revenge would be mine.

Normally, I wasn't a vengeful person at all, but something about this was so infuriating that I wanted people to know what Montague was like so he couldn't do this to any other girl.

We weren't objects for money to be bet on.

Blaise had shown me the Veritaserum he stole and I was overjoyed at the sight of it. "You're the best, Blaise, have I ever told you that?" I praised him and he smiled proudly.

"I think you've mentioned it, but it's nice to hear again," He grinned.

"Well, believe it. It's true. This is gonna be amazing," I said, looking at the potion in the bottle.

"So, you and I are going to head to the game soon, sit with the Slytherins, and then come back here for the party. The party will go on for a little bit, and when everyone is there we'll slip him the potion and he'll not be able to shut his stupid mouth," Blaise snickered, and I laughed along with him.

"Sounds legendary," I said and we happily headed to the Slytherin common room. I wanted to go upstairs and get a sweatshirt, but it didn't have the Hogwarts logo on it and I wanted to represent the school a little bit.

I looked around for something else but had trouble, so I just went back downstairs where Blaise was waiting.

"Not bringing anything?"

"Could find anything," I said, and he stood up off the couch.

"I'll go up to my dorm and find something, don't worry," He said, going up the stairs, and I nodded.

When he came back with a Slytherin sweater, I smiled and thanked him. "This'll be perfect," I said.

"Yeah, it was just lying around," He said, and I put it on. We left the common room and made our way to the Quidditch fields.

The walk there was brisk as we didn't want to be late. When we arrived, we picked our seats high in the stands of the Slytherin section.

We sat near Pansy and her group but decided to distance ourselves just a little bit. We sat next to Theodore Nott and Blaise talked to him for a little while as I watched the team on the grass below.

They were mounting their brooms and flying up for warmups, which was expected, and the Gryffindor team was doing the same.

Ron and Harry were playing today, so although I should be rooting for my own team, I could secretly wish them well.

When Montague spotted me in the crowd, he flew over, and I stood up to flash him my best fake smile.

"My favorite little cheerleader," He said, leaning forward to plant a kiss on my lips.

"Good luck," I said, and he smirked.

"I don't need luck. I'm a Montague," He said, his words dripping with a cocky tone. 

"That's true," I offered with a smile, not sure how to respond to his confidence.

"Thank Merlin you didn't join the team. Who would I have to kiss in the stands if you did?" He said with a grin, and I bit my tongue.

"Exactly. You should get back to your team though," I strained through gritted teeth, and he snickered. "See you later tonight," He said with a wink, and I nodded, sending him finger guns.

When he flew away, I groaned.

"What was that?" Blaise laughed, imitating my finger guns, and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't start with me," I said threateningly, and he held up his hands defensively.

"You're no fun," Blaise complained, and I looked back at the field.

The game went on, with Slytherin eventually winning, and I cheered for my house but made a point to remind myself to congratulate the Gryffindor team anyway.

Now that there was a win for our team, I knew Montague would be in a fantastic mood. I knew what I was doing was definitely stooping to his level of evil, but something inside me simply didn't care. 

Blaise and I walked back to the castle and back into the Slytherin dorms to change, the rest of the house hot on our tails as we all wanted to get back and get ready for the party being hosted later on tonight. 

The thing was, the party was in the Slytherin common room. Fifth, sixth, and seventh years would be coming, and it would have to be sneaky. 

Half of our house was in the Inquisitorial Squad for Umbridge, but for the night, they would all be making an exception for a chance to party. 

Back in the common room, we had an hour before the party would start. I planned on talking to Montague to hint about the night, but he was nowhere to be found. 

"I should change, right?" I asked Blaise, and he eyed my outfit. "I guess, but change into what?" He asked, and I shrugged. 

"Something cute, I don't know. I don't want to go to a party looking like this, even if it is just to embarrass someone," I said, and Blaise laughed. "Fine, go pretty yourself up," Blaise said, and I scoffed. 

I went up the stairs behind us and entered the girl's dorms, going straight for the outfit I had planned in my head. 

I grabbed my favorite baggy jeans and black tight top, one that had thin straps and cut off at the midriff. 

As I looked at myself in the mirror, pleased with what I saw, and went downstairs to meet Blaise again.

I brought his sweater with me, and when I saw him, I offered it back. 

"Thanks for letting me borrow it," I said, and he shrugged. 

"It's nothing. It's not even mine, I just found it up there," He admitted, and I widened my eyes. 

"Then who's is it?" I asked, now a little self-conscious of the fact that I had worn a random boys sweater the entirety of the quidditch match. 

Blaise shrugged again, but from behind him, I saw the blonde hair I had grown to know so well. 

"Mine," Draco said. 

LMAO i really am that bitch. i'm not even sorry about it haha hope you guys are enjoying reading!