𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

♔

"What do you mean by everything?" He asked, and I looked at him with a blank stare. "You're kidding, right? Tell everyone here about your little bet with Crabbe, Goyle, and the rest of your barbaric team members," I said coolly, and Montague nodded, gulping.

There was no fighting the Veritaserum, however, but I could see him trying to resist. 

"I made a bet with Goyle and the rest of the team that I could fuck Maggie Warrington," He said, and the room was littered with small gasps. Seemingly nothing huge, but it had a monumental effect, I knew it. 

He held nothing back, the Veritaserum really did its job. 

"What else?"

"We put money on it, but Malfoy said it was a bad idea," He continued, and now, he had my full attention. I didn't know this part. "He said Maggie Warrington wasn't worth so much money and that we should call it off completely, but we didn't listen to him," He went on. 

I bit my tongue, not liking the turn this had now taken. I found my eyes meeting Dracos and I had to stop myself from chewing him out right then and there. 

How dare he pretend he was so concerned for me because I was "with" Montague. He was just as bad, if not worse. 

He held my gaze for a few more tense seconds until I finally looked away. 

"You heard it here first, folks," I said defeatedly, turning to Montague. "Whatever you think this was is over. It was over when I first found out, but it's definitely over now. You're a terrible person," I said, patting him on the back. 

I walked through the crowd, trying not to cry, and went upstairs to my dorm without another word. 

I went straight into my bed and under my covers, wanting the whole world to melt away and just disappear. I didn't cry, I honestly didn't have it in me, but it felt like I was. 

How could I have been so stupid? Of course, he didn't care about me, he was just saving face. Well, thanks to the Veritaserum, Montague, and Malfoy were exposed. 

As I hugged my pillow and listened to the party going on, I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I was supposed to feel victorious after this, I was supposed to feel better

I felt worse. 

I knew my worth, and Malfoy was a complete asshole, but hearing something like that out loud was difficult. 

I drifted off into a dissatisfying sleep that abruptly ended only a few hours later. It was midnight- of course, but I had to get up to wash my face and brush my teeth, so I mustered up enough energy to do so. 

I gathered my belongings after changing into sweatpants and a hoodie, walking to the girl's bathroom, and doing my nightly routine, as usual. I looked up at myself in the mirror, debating if all of that was even necessary. 

𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 • (𝐝.𝐦.)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara