𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

♔

Three weeks after our talk, Draco did everything in his power to avoid the topic. He, Blaise, and I were almost inseparable. Our O.W.L. exam was coming up and we had been studying together constantly. 

It was really all we had to worry about anyway, so it was a good distraction from all the other shit.

After our O.W.L. exams, everyone was relieved. Getting our scores back was nerve-wracking, but I was happy with the results. Our last weeks at Hogwarts before summer were ones spent all together, hanging out constantly.

I had no idea where I was going though, or where my dad was, or where I would live. Blaise knew everything I had gone through, and his father sent him a letter detailing how I would be staying at Zabini manor over the summer.

By the time summer came around, I was sad to leave. I didn't want to let Draco out of my sight, if I was being completely honest.

The night before we left, we met again in the common room at midnight.

I cuddled up on the couch, a large blanket draped around me and Draco was sitting right next to me. He had broken the habit of sitting in his usual chair, so far away from me, and now we just sat together.

"Will you write to me as much as you can?" I asked, and he nodded. "Of course I will. My letters will reach you much faster now that you're staying with Blaise. I wish you could stay with me, but- it's- you know..." He trailed off, and I nodded.

He seemed to be getting nervous with that last statement.

"It's alright, we'll talk as much as possible," I said.

"Don't do anything stupid this summer," He said jokingly, and I laughed.

"I can't promise anything," I said.

We sat together in silence for a little bit until he nudged my shoulder. "I finished that book," He said.

"Which one?"

"Pride and Prejudice," He said, and my face broke out into a wide smile. I shifted my body to completely face his and I could tell my eyes were wild. "How did you like it?" I asked excitedly.

"I won't lie, I enjoyed it. I never thought I could enjoy something a Muggle produced, but this was a very well written book," He said.

I nodded, waiting for him to say more as I stared at him. "It was just a little lovey-dovey for my taste," He finished.

"What?"

"It was just- I don't know, there was too much love," He said with a shrug.

"But that's completely ludicrous! They hated each other until the end, anyway," I defended, and he scoffed.

"It's a little odd, don't you think?"

"What is?" I asked, still a little disgruntled. "Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth despised each other at first- or so she thought," He said.

"That's right. What's your point?" I asked.

"Isn't that story a little... familiar?" He asked, and I scrunched up my face, trying to decipher what Draco meant.

"You're like my Elizabeth," He said, not looking away from me. I held my breath. This- I- What?

"Does that make you my Darcy?" I asked sheepishly, hating the way I was acting. I was embarrassed by the effect Draco had on me. I found everything about him compelling and something about the small distance between us was heating up the room.

He reached up to the side of my ear, tucking my hair behind it. His hand lingered there, until it finally rested on the right side of my face, cupping it.

"Don't do this if you don't mean it, Draco," I whispered, pleading with him not to break my fragile heart.

"I mean it," He said, pulling me in and connecting our lips swiftly and passionately. Immediately, I noticed something wrong with the way he was acting and how hard he was fighting for dominance.

"I can't lose you," He breathed through feverish kisses. He leaned me back onto the couch, and I felt a soft throw pillow behind my head. I was a little self-conscious of where we were, but Draco didn't seem affected. 

His hands traveled to my waist, but stayed there. I wasn't ready for anything like that right now. It was way too heat of the moment for that, but he seemed to understand. 

"We won't do anything you don't want to do," He muttered in my ear. 

"Thank you," I said, and as his kisses became lighter and less dominant, I ushered him back. I wasn't going to have sex with him tonight, but there was other fun stuff to do. 

When my hand guided his jaw back down to me and I bit my lip slightly, his eyes darkened. 

His hand, quite unexpectedly, left my jaw and traveled down to my neck, putting the slightest bit of pressure on it. My eyes went wide, but his were shut as we continued to devour each other. Draco Malfoy was choking me. And I liked it. 

I ran my fingers through his hair, and eventually, before we got too carried away, we broke apart to breathe. "Bloody hell," Draco cursed, and I chuckled breathily in return. 

Not a single one of us expected this tonight. 

And now we had to go on summer break with all these feelings bouncing around within us. Flustered as all hell, I stood up and straightened myself out, not minding my disheveled hair for the time being. 

"Are you okay?" Draco asked, seeming concerned at my abruptness, but I quickly nodded to reassure him. 

"Goodnight," I said hurriedly, but before I left, I turned back to him and saw him still sitting on the couch. 

I walked back quickly to him and leaned down for one more kiss, which he reciprocated, and I felt myself blushing. "Have a good sleep, Warrington," He said quietly behind me and I felt his eyes on me as I walked away. 

Little did he know, I would find it incredibly hard to sleep tonight. 

i hope i am feeding you well, children. just so everyone knows, this is just the tip of the iceberg for draco and maggie. that's all i'm gonna say... but look out for more. ;)