𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

♔

I couldn't go back into his room, that would be stupid, but I couldn't go back to mine either. Blaise and Daphne would be in there, and I had nowhere to go at this point. I walked back into the common room and saw a throw blanket that was tossed on the couch. 

I took it, laid down on the sofa, and tried to get comfortable. 

I couldn't help the tears that soaked my eyes and eventually drenched my sleeve. How could this have happened? How could he not trust me when I told him about the date? The date that wasn't even my idea?

I hoped this was all just a fluke, a freak incident that would blow over the next day, but it wasn't looking like it. 

Nobody bothered me all night, but I was still on edge. I wanted to go up to Draco so badly, to apologize, but on the same token, I had done nothing wrong. 

I simply wanted him to talk to me, to express his burdens to me so I could possibly help him, but he wasn't taking me up on my offer. Eventually, someone has to know when they become the burden, and they simply have to give up. 

I just didn't want to give up on him. 

I would have to talk to Blaise about this tomorrow, there was just so much on mind right now. I couldn't sleep, it wasn't physically possible right now. I tossed and turned for another hour before finding myself outside of Draco's door. 

I couldn't leave it like this. We weren't just a girlfriend and a boyfriend having a fight, we were so much more important to each other than that. 

We had to talk through this, but I didn't want to be annoying. For now, if he was against talking to me tonight I would leave it alone, but I had to at least try. 

I knocked softly on the door three times, waiting for any kind of response, but I heard nothing. I considered knocking again, but before I could, I heard shuffling from behind the door. 

Draco stood at the door from the inside, debating opening it. I could tell this was difficult for him, but whatever was stopping him before disappeared and he opened the door to greet me. 

"Come inside," He said, and I obliged. I walked to his bed and sat down on it, afraid to make eye contact with him. "We- I-" I started, getting choked up.

"I'd rather we not talk about this tonight," He said, and I gulped, nodding. "Right, okay. Fine," I said, and he sighed outwardly. 

"I'm gonna get ready for bed," I said somewhat uncertainly. I had no idea where we stood right now, other than the fact that we were broken up. 

I got up and walked to the bathroom, washing the runny mascara off my face and trying to pull myself together before having to go back out there. 

I finished washing my face but still didn't feel very good. I wanted to delay going back to bed, so I decided to shower. 

I let the hot water run down my back and my head as I contemplated what to do. I didn't want to argue with him tonight, but I couldn't ignore the deep ache within my heart that urged me to confront itself. 

When I was done, I got out, putting a towel around me, and walking back out to get clean clothes. Draco was sitting at the window, looking out into the depths of the Black Lake. He had a book in his head, which one I didn't know, but wasn't reading it. 

I walked to the wardrobe soundlessly and took some clothing out. I went back into the bathroom to change quickly, then went over to the bed. I thought twice about it, then wandered to Blaise's old bed that had been long abandoned. 

I climbed into it and snuggled underneath the covers. "What are you doing?" I heard Draco's deep, raspy voice ask from his perch. 

"Going to sleep?" 

"Over there?" He asked, and I internally rolled my eyes. At least I knew I could always count on Draco Malfoy to be the most confusing person on Earth. 

"What do you mean over here? Of course over here, what kind of question is that?" I asked. He just broke up with me and asked why I'm not sharing a bed with him? Was he stupid? 

"Fine, nevermind," He said gruffly, getting into his own bed and shutting off the light, encasing us in darkness. As much as I was confused, I found myself yearning for him. I wanted him to get up and come over to me. To kiss me and tell me it was all a dream. 

But I knew he wouldn't. 

I tossed and turned all night, hoping he wouldn't hear me, but knowing he probably did. 

The next morning, I woke up before Draco. I looked over at him sleeping and noticed, again, how peaceful he was. 

It was the weekend and I had plans to go to Hogsmeade with Blaise and Daphne. Draco was originally going to come, but I guessed he wouldn't anymore, given our circumstances. 

I changed and went down to the common room where Blaise was already waiting for me. "Where's Daph?" I asked, and he pointed to our old dorm room. "Still getting ready," He said. 

I nodded and sat down on the couch. "Where's Draco?" Blaise asked, and I cleared my throat. "Uh, he's not coming," I said. 

"Oh, what happened? Is he sick?" 

"No." 

"Tired?" 

"No." 

"Um... homework to catch up on?" 

"We broke up," I said, and he stared at me, at a loss for words. 

"W-what? When? How? Why?" He asked, his questions hitting me like bullets. "Last night. We, uh... had a disagreement," I said. 

"You guys broke up over a disagreement?" 

"It was a pretty big... disagreement," I said. "Oh..." Blaise said, realizing what I meant. I knew this Death Eater Voldemort business would be a challenge, but I never thought it would eventually be what would tear us apart. I thought it would make us stronger, if I'm honest. 

Daphne flounced down the stairs then and smiled brightly. "Ready?" She asked, and we nodded, standing up. "Maggie, where's-" 

"He's really sick," Blaise answered. 

"Aw, poor chap. Alright, let's go," She said, and I shot Blaise a grateful look. 

bare with me people, there will be way more of this book. don't even stress about the fact they're broken up, like i said before..... a bitch has a plan.