Chapter 6

„What the hell are you doing here Irene", Jisoo blurted out and tilted her head.

„Same question. Why are you here?", Irene hissed back. Seulgi could feel her brown eyes staring right into her soul, so she just stayed quiet and swallowed.

„She is our new roommate", Wendy uttered and smiled, but of course Seulgi notice her suffered expression.

„How nice!", Jisoo declared and grinned. Not even Wendy returned her kind gesture.

Seulgi rapidly waved goodbye to Jisoo and her friends so she didn't have to hear another spicy comment coming from Irene.

‚You should give her a second chance', Seulgi thought while she went to her own dorm. But she already knew this would be a hard semester for all of them.

Why couldn't be Jisoo their new roommate? Now Irene would always be there when Seulgi wanted to visit her best friend.

It was surprisingly silent as she unlocked the door to her room. Usually either Jennie or Yeri yelled like the end of the world was coming so Seulgi had to concentrate not to collapse between them.

"Hey Mina", Seulgi greeted her quiet friend and entered the room, recognizing that the rest wasn't present. She released a sigh of relief and jumped onto her bed.

"You know, I met two of our new students", Seulgi began and turned her face to the white ceiling.

"And one of them is totally strange."

No answer.

"But the other is pretty nice. And apparently very smart."

After she got no response again, she looked over the edge of her small bed and noticed that Mina wasn't even listening to her. Instead she read one of her thousand books.

"Mina! You should listen to me!" Seulgi yelled at her.

"You met two new students, one of them is totally strange but the other one is really kind and smart", she replied, her eyes stilled glued to the book.

"Fine, but please talk to me too!", Seulgi continued. She was way too bored and in the mood to bicker around.

"Haven't ask me something, why then should I join you monologue?"

Seulgi sighed loud enough to make Mina hear it.

"The weather is nice. Is that enough convo now?", Mina said.

"Yeah, thanks", Seulgi stated and rolled her eyes again. But Mina just continued reading with a soft smile. Yeah, Seulgi really loved her too...

-

One week later and her attitude towards Irene hadn't changed. She had pretty much classes with Nayeon, a crazy crackhead, but also Chae's and Lisa's seconds new roommate, Joy, kinda followed her to every single class.

Sometimes they learned together for IT with Jisoo in their dorm, but no matter how hard Seulgi, Jisoo and Joy tried to convince Chae to join them, the tiny girl always refused it with some of her lame excuses.

In the afternoon she played with Yeri some simple card games to distract herself of the coming IT exam. And Yeri was perfect for distratraction.

"Yeri, cheat one more time and I'll leave!", Seulgi warned her deceitful friend and took another card of the pile.

"I just train your brain. You have to be multi-tasking. Attentive and smart at the same time." She threw her last card in the middle and grinned. "And now you failed."

Hearing her michievous laugh, Seulgi turned to the window and watched the endless nature behind the northern tract. She wished she could be there at the moment.

Her eyes met a group of students passing the yard. She ignored it and watched a bird swarm passing by. Her gaze again fell to the students. And at the second sight, she noticed who it was.

"Why the fuck are Jihyo, Wendy, Rosie and Irene going to the soccer field?", she mumbled, not realising that Yeri appeared next to her and watched the spectacle too.

"Maybe Jihyo want to show them how successful she can be in soccer when nobody plays against her." Yeri laughed at her own joke, but then shrugged her shoulders. "How should I know. But Jihyo seems to be pretty angry."

Seulgi's curiousity sprang to live as she saw them really entering the field. Why should they play soccer when Jihyo was the only one who officially played in the girl's team?

"Let's find out", Seulgi said while the sudden excitement gradually appeared in her body. She would do anything to really distract herself from IT. Even learning wouldn't help her to get a better grade as a C...