Chapter 41

With the soccer team around her, they walked through all the corridors of the school and announced their win. Normally, they wouldn't do that, or better said usually, not all the school clubs  celebrated, but this was a special time.

This stragedy of Jeongyeon really brought them to this win. And lowkey, they all cheered for their captain.

"I told you my goal was-", Jihyo interrupted herself and did a chef kiss. "This angle is normally impossible for a shot, but I nailed it."

"Yeah, you nailed it", Seulgi laughed and rolled her eyes. It was very rare that Jihyo kicked a goal in school league, but if she did, she felt like a celebrity. And she acted like one.

"But Chae played well too." She pointed with her head to the girl who was knocking right now at every dorm to tell the school that they had successed. This was definitely not the idea of 'announcing their win', but it was quite funny to see Chaeyoung being so overexcited and thrilled.

"We all played a good match. It was pure teamwork." Seulgi agreed. She had to tell Chiwon of this. In general, she should get talk more to her older brother. Of course Seulgi told him about her relationship with Irene, but didn't mention details.

She took a note on this in her mind and decided to tell him a few general things about school, also including the fact that she still didn't have a clue what to do at her anniversary with Irene.

"WE FRICKING WON GUUUUURLS", Chae screamed and threw her hands in the air, causing a domino-effect. Jeongyeon piggipacked Nayeon and started to run around the group, something that was very amusing for the rest.

For a short moment, Seulgi looked at the glass cabinet which they were passing. She remembered all the stuff they experienced three months ago, something that seemed to be far away now.

Of course, it was unfortunate that Tzuyu and Ryujin had left the school, and the thing with Minho still gave her an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach. But at least it ended now. Nobody will ever enter this shit again, nobody will every get hurt again.

She was maybe a bit too happy.

Even though, something at this glass cabinet caught her attention. She wasn't sure what, so she stopped and focussed on the golden goblets behind the transparent glass. After a second, she realized it like scales fell from her eyes.

There was a gap. The goblet with the emblem was gone.

After their little tour, Seulgi excused herself and disppeared in her dorm. On her way, she met Irene who was a little bit too obsessed with showering with her, so she politely declined and left the girl.

Seulgi rapidly changed clothes and got herself ready. She had to see it again. She was pretty sure that her eyes weren't that bad and that she was still able too see missing things.

But why would someone remove the item? There exsisted just two possibilities: First, it was a random and dumb prank. Or somebody tried to enter this complex. Or better said: Still tries.

On her way, she ran into Wendy and Jisoo who were probably coming from the library since they carried a pile of books with them.

"Where are you going?", Seulgi asked them hastily, hoping to avoid a longer conversation. "We are coming from the library and are about to learn for an upcoming history test now. You?", Jisoo asked.

"Ehm- me? I just walk around." Lame excuse Seulgi...

"Oh then have fun with walking around", Jisoo said in an ironic tone and continued her way to the dorms. Seulgi grabbed Wendy's wrist.

"Can I speak to you for a sec?"

"Yeah, sure", Wendy agreed and excused herself. Seulgi increased her pace while her friend just followed her. She really appreciated Wendy's sense for asking things at the right time.

She stopped in front of the biology tract.

"Okay what's wrong honey?" Wendy crossed her arms and raised on eyebrow. Seulgi sighed.

"This may sound crazy but the goblet vanished"

"Which goblet?"

"THE goblet?"

"Ah right, THE goblet"

"Yeah THE goblet. Do you know if anybody is still interested in entering the complex?"

"Seulgi, why the fuck should somebody steal THE goblet?"

"Why should I know this?", Seulgi shrugged. "Maybe to get more information about this mechanism? Or in general about the boarding school?" The approached the glass cabinet while Seulgi literally stared at her friend, trying to tell her how serious this situation was.

"And you are sure that the goblet was missing?"

"Yeah!"

"And why is it in front of my very eyes?" Wendy again raised one eyebrow, but this time it was Seulgi whose expression changed to a confused one. She looked at the glass cabinet.

"How- on earth-?" She couldn't believe her eyes. There was the goblet. In the row of the others. This was impossible.

"It- It was missing as we passed the corridor!"

"Are you sure?", Wendy frowned.

"Ehm my eyes aren't as bad as everybody thinks. So yeah, I am."

"Hm. But there was just an hour between your first walk her and now. How-"

Seulgi interrupted her. "I know that this is impossible, but what should I do."Seulgi groaned. She wasn't thrilled by the idea that things could repeat like three months ago.

"I would suggest we just wait. You can't install a camera at this spot now. I mean you could - but this would definitely bother Bang Chan and the rest of the school." Wendy nudged the girl and patted her shoulder.

"Yeah you are right."

"Should we tell it the others?" Wendy asked.

"Spreading concern isn't the best way to start the winter vacation. So I guess not", Seulgi answered. Wendy nodded and smiled.

"Ah and by the way. You played really good today. I am proud of you."

-

"So you really kicked the ball in the last second?", the loud voice of Chiwon came out of her phone.

"It was iconic. I am not as dumb as society might assume."

"We aren't doubting about your skills", Chiwon laughed. "So how is your daily life now? Are you confident about you relationship?" Seulgi could really see his brother raising both eyebrows. He loved to talk about the exciting stuff.

"According to Yeri, I am on cloud nine. But I guess everything is fine with us. I love her, she loves me. Except of our anniversary, everything goes perfect."

"Have you been officially together for three months?"

"Yeah. But I don't have any activities or a gift for her." Seulgi sighed and leaned back on her bed. This was really a problem. And the special day was in less than a week.

"You could just watch the sunset with her. Show your romantic ass, Seul."

"I am like a stone", Seulgi replied and squinted her eyes.

"Probably. Just ask Chae for a good place. Or what about Mina, I thought she knows this school better than herself?"

"I'll ask Chae.", Seulgi hastily said, trying to emphasize that she would never ask Myoui Mina for help. Especially not in terms of romance.

"Do that. And as a gift... Kiss her passionately and tell her you are her gift."

"You talk like I would be so full of myself?"

"Aren't you?"

"No."

"Are you the Kang Seulgi I know? My sister?"

"Dumbass..."