Chapter 16

"Holy shit", Irene blurted out and inspected the tomb. "If this is one of your silly pranks, well done Chae..."

"I swear to god I had no clue about it. I was as surprised as you guys."

"I still don't understand what's so shocking about it", Wendy confessed, but everybody ignored her.

"This is interesting", Jisoo suddenly spoke out as the others reached the grave too. "There is no name on the gravestone. And compared to the tomb of the 'old dude'-", she emphazed the last word with glaring at Chae, "This one looks quite new. Not older that two or three days."

"Obviously, nerd", Chae said arrogantly and pushed Jisoo away. "The buried person died three days ago." She pointed at the engraved date.

It took them five seconds to realize what Chae had actually said. Then it hit them like a big slap in their faces.

"The fire!"

"But I thought nobody has died!", Wendy mumbled and looked at Seulgi.

"Of course nobody died. I had a long convo with Bang Chan at friday, and he also told me clearly that every student plus teacher is still alive and healthy."

"And you are sure we can trust him?" Now it was Jisoo's turn to ask.

"I know him way longer than you! And yeah, I trust him", Seulgi replied a little bit too harshly as the wanted.

"Calm down..."

They talked a little bit longer about the tomb. Wendy decided to ask Bang Chan after the dinner again about the fire. But Seulgi still couldn't imagine that Bang Chan had to do something with that. Her thoughts again tended to another possibility.

She shook her head. Mina couldn't be involved in the fire. Or kill random people.

This tomb could easily be a prank of some students. Or someone hadn't got the money to pay the grave-bills and had to bury his grandma behind the school. Okay, the second one was pretty improbable...

-

The library was one of Seulgi's favourite places besides of the soccer field. One year ago, the students council arranged comfortable couches and some kind of funny beanbags. Furthermore it was not too silent nor too loud at this place.

All in all: Perfect to relax a bit.

After the dinner, Wendy's dorm, Chae (she still had no other things to do) and Seulgi met up with some boys to talk and chill there. Of course Bang Chan joined them too, a perfect opportunity for Wendy's question session.

They were currently talking about 'which professors would match perfectly together', as she noticed Irene who was busy staring at her. She avoided her gaze. She didn't want to get too close to this still mysterious girl.

"You know, I could swear that our spanish teacher is gay. I mean, he behaves sooooooo strange", Sehun laughed.

"So you mean I behave strange too?", Chae immediately spoke out and placed her hand on her chest while she pretended to be insulted.

"Chae, you are strange!", Jihyo stated and they all chuckled.

"I'll get some snacks. Bang Chan, can you accompany me?", Wendy suddenly said and pouted. She looked so hilarious while doing it, but everyone knew she was bad at doing aegyo.

"Sure. But I can't guarantee that there will be something left when we come back..." He smirked and followed Wendy outside. 'This was pretty smart', Seulgi thought and leaned back in the beanbag.

Another time Irene glanced at her, but this time their eyes met. Seulgi immediately looked away and pretended to be interested in Sehun's and Chae's ideology of the homosexual world, but it was obvious that she had other thoughts.

Could this girl just stop one time to irritate her. It was so distracting to feel like you were observed all the time!

"So, let's pretend all gay people are strange. Then, to be honest, your new dorm-member Baekhyun is gay, and Mina the president of homosexuality!" Chae raised both of her eyebrows with a confident smile.

"Maybe they are", Sehun imagined and shrugged.

After about ten minutes full of useless convo's, Wendy and Bang Chan returned. Seulgi immediately eyed Wendy and tried to get a signal of her best friend, but she slightly shook her head.

"Nope. He clearly told me nobody died." Her whisper echoed in Seulgi's ears. She sighed.

It really had to be a silly prank of some younger students. Or the 'no money for grave-bills' possibility.

"Aish, I don't feel well", a voice drove her back to reality. "Seulgi, can you maybe accompany me back to the dorms?"

"What?", Seulgi blurted out irritated.

"My stomach hurts", Irene added and blinked twice.

"I can come with you", Wendy suggested and was about to stand up, but Irene shook her head. "You walked with Bang Chan to the cafeteria a minute ago, stay here."

Irene grabbed Seulgi's wrist who was still not knowing what was going on. Last second she stared at her and now she felt sick? That was ideed strange.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No, why", Seulgi lied and looked innocently at Irene. She narrowed her eyes.

"And why do you ignore my gaze?"

"Have I?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know what I mean Kang Seulgi."

Hearing her full name coming from Irene gave her goosebumbs. Irene crossed her arms.

"So, why do you practically ignore me?"

"Fine!", Seulgi gave up and faced the ground. Then she looked straight into Irene's deep, brown eyes. "Why were you about to visit Tae and Jimin with your sister during the fire?"

Irene frown. "What do you mean?"

"I told you my thoughts, no you should be honest too!"

"No no, really Seul, I don't know what you mean? Who even are Tae and Jimin?" Irene asked and looked confused at Seulgi.

"Jisoo told me you wanted to meet them in the fire-night. Don't lie about the fact that you wanted to make out or something like that!" Suddenly, Seulgi felt that emocions entered the chat. She was hurt. And she didn't even know why. She never felt this kind of pain before.

Irene slowly approached her. But then she laughed. "It's almost impossible that I would make out with b-. Anyways, I don't know what bullshit my little sister told you, but she was about to show me something.  I don't know what, but she was really excited about it."

Irene blushed a bit, but Seulgi didn't even noticed it. Her mind orbited around the last part of Irene's speech. Then she got an idea.

"Where were you during the start of the alarm?"

"In front of the biology tract. Why?"

Seulgi's eyes widen. That couldn't be coincidence anymore.

The glass cabinet. The goblets.

They are exacly placed in front of this tract.