Chapter 62

-a week later-

Hand in hand, Seulgi and Irene walked down the corridor that was leading to the science classrooms. It was early in the morning, maybe even too early for Seulgi but school showed no mercy with them. It was like always; hard and exhausting.

Although she felt the constant pressure coming from her environment, she felt relieved. She was slowly recovering from the shock with Wendy. Of course she still had her breakdowns, but this time, she could let her emotions free, and Irene was always there to comfort her. Seulgi thanked the girl every day for that.

Some eves, she recalled the fight scene with her girlfriend outside, how they yelled at each other and ended up crying like hell. Since that point, their relationship seemed to be on a new level. Seulgi wasn't refusing to tell Irene how she feels, no matter if it was joy or sadness, jealousy or exasperation.

They spent hours on the roof of the southern tract, chatting about their self-impression and concerns. Seulgi loved that intimacy she felt with Irene now. She was sure that it was something special.

"Jisoo told me that her dorm is going crazy in the past weeks", Irene laughed. Seulgi tilted her head.

"Why that?"

"Chae is unendurable. As you know too, she isn't attending the soccer training. But it got worst. She isn't even painting anymore..."

Seulgi raised both of her eyebrows and looked at Irene in shock. "She does nothing?! You mean nothing like Jihyo?", she inquired.

"Exactly. And Lisa doesn't facilitate the mood. According to Jisoo, she is in such a bad mood and always bicker around. Joy is the only normal one in the dorm." Irene shrugged her shoulders. Seulgi suddenly felt sorry for her girlfriend's sister. Living in a chaotic dorm was sometimes fun, but not over weeks. She knew that too well.

"You have chemistry, right?", Irene asked as they turned around the corner. Seulgi sighed and nodded. She was too tired for that now. Chemistry was her best subject, nevertheless, she didn't want to release Irene's warm hand.

"You can do that. We see us in two hours. And see it positive: Now you don't have all those stupid annoying people around you." She winked. Seulgi just chuckled. "Thank you for the reminder..."

Irene quickly approached her and gave her a soft peek on the lips. "I love you, Seul." She released her hand and waved her goodbye.

"Love you too", Seulgi replied with a smile and turned around. She just had to survive that chemistry lesson.

But surviving chemistry could be harder than expected. Especially when she can't understand what the professor was talking about.

"The remaining four quantities can be calculated by applying the law of mass action with the dissociation constants of carbonic acid and water in seawater", the voice of their teacher echoed in the classroom. She looked at the board in front of her, totally focused.

Hydrogen reacts with nitrogen to ammonia. That's totally plausible. But how could somebody calculate the constant K out of that shit? How should she do that with a single reaction equation?

She took the pencil and copied the task. Eventually,she needed four tries to get the right result, but in the end, she successed. Suddenly, somebody leaned over her table from the front.

"YAHHH!", a girl screamed and pointed at her paper. "SHE'S A GENIUS! WHY AREN'T YOU ABLE TO DO THAT LEE SIYEON?"

Seulgi squinted her eyes because of the volume. Why had she to shout that loud?

"Calm down Sua unnie! Otherwise I'll kick your ass out of here!", the girl named Siyeon yelled back.

"Idiot", Sua laughed and smirked.

"Watch your language Miss!", Siyeon answered and lifted her index finger. Seulgi leaned back and observed the spectacle in front of her. Right now, the girl named Sua tried to bite into Siyeon's finger. Yep, SHE TRIED TO EAT THAT DAMN FINGER!

She quickly turned around and frowned. This two were literally screaming around every lesson. She just knew them from chemistry, but she could swear that they shared a dorm with Nayeon. Poor Nayeon...

"How has chemistry been?", Irene asked her a few hours later. She had been waiting for Seulgi in front of the cafeteria so they could together eat lunch. Seulgi immediately hugged the girl and acompanied her into the big hall.

"It was nerve-wrecking."

"Because of them?", Irene giggled and raised her eyebrow. Seulgi had told the raven-haired multiple times how incredibly lively (and exhausting) Sua and Siyeon could be. And today was maybe one of their hyperactive days...

So Seulgi nodded. "But the topic is also shit. Really. It's basically math in combination with biology and a bit of english for the interpretation of HOW the fuck one should calculate that constant..."

"You know what: If I would maybe write an exam about that, I would get the answer 'Abraham Lincoln' instead of a number. So don't worry babe." She smiled with her eyes and took a mouth full of rice.

Seulgi watch her girlfriend eating. She still couldn't get enough of her view, how graceful her movements were, and how perfect her appearance in general was. Apparently, Irene noticed that since she awkwardly smiled with food in her mouth.

In that moment, another thing caught Seulgi's attention. At first, she just noticed the shiny bright hair at the entrance, then she recognized the person. Mina was walking into the cafeteria, apparently alone. Seulgi spied on her.

"Has she finally visites the healt-care center?", Irene asked, now staring at her too.

"Obviously", Seulgi casually said. They both watched the girl getting a tablet with food.

"She's so weird. I mean, why isn't she telling everybody how she got that wound?"

"Maybe because she got it while doing something forbidden?", Seulgi answered her question. Both Irene and her knew that Mina had to get that injury while being in the northern tract at night.

"You're right. But what has she done there with whoever this was." Irene looked back at Seulgi.

"She has to be connected with Wendy. Most likely it was her who we couldn't identify", Seulgi forced her gaze back to the raven-haired.

"But why should Mina do something with a theft?"

"Why has Wendy stolen all those things?", Seulgi questioned back.

"That's a good point."

"I guess we should continue that later. Mina will be the whole afternoon in the library, so we can meet there and observe her", Irene suggested and took a short glance at the girl. "I wanna know how she is connected to all of this."