Chapter 11

Seulgi stepped on the green grass, feeling the adrenalin rushing through her veins. A soft breeze touched her cheek and she closed her eyes. This was it. She loved it, the tension in her body, the cheering of her school behind her and the focus on the ball in front of her.

Soccer was it. Her passion, her hobby, her anti-stress sport. She could just concentrate to play and blend out everything else, her problems, her concerns etc. Even if she lost the match, she always felt way better after it.

She got into the line of her teammembers, to her left Lisa, to her right Sana. Fortunately they found a pretty good goalkeeper in Nayeon, so Sana could play with them as a forward.

And they got one advantage. Their rivals, the girl's team of the Joneward University, lost their substitute last month. Her own team had at least Yeri.

Before the match started, they met in the right corner of the field to discuss today's strategy. And of course Jeongyeon had an ace up her sleeve.

"Lisa, Chae, you stay at the back as the defenders. Although Nayeon in one of the best, we can't know how strong they are", she pointed at the other side of the field.

Lisa and Chae nodded and walked to Nayeon with determined faces.

"Seulgi, you have to be very attentive this game. You stay most of the match in the middle. Try to get the ball of our rivals. If they manage to pass you, Lisa and Chae have to help." Seulgi nodded, ready to follow all instructions Jeongyeon gave her.

"Jihyo and Sana, we will be the forwards. Keep in mind that their goal keeper isn't very tall, that gives us the advantage of the upper corners." Her two friends nodded too and all their hands met in the middle.

"READY OR NOT? ST. PRISTON GOES TO THE TOP!"

The crowd was screaming as they left their corner and reached their positions. Seulgi took a last glance to her audience and watched Wendy with Jennie cheering for her. Next to her was Irene tiping on her phone and Jisoo who talked to Joy.

She chuckled as Wendy took Irene's phone and pointed at the field. Somehow it was kinda cute how Irene squinted her eyes and pouted at her best friend.

But there was no time left for Seulgi to take a closer look at them, because the game started.

It wasn't hard to play against the Joneward University, especially with Nayeon. She managed to catch three of four balls, and the last missed the goal either way.

In contrast to this, Seulgi felt a bit bored standing around in the middle of the field doing nothing except of cheering and screaming for the others. But she wouldn't ignore her captain's words. Jeongyeon definitly knew it better than Seulgi.

"Seulgi-ah!", a female voice appeared out of nowhere. But she has already seen the tall girl of the other team approaching her. With the ball. 'This ball was her change', Seulgi thought and started to attack the other one.

With her eyes focussed on the round item, she moved her legs clever and turned around so her rival had no chance to block her. She took the ball and started to sprint. As fast as she could, she kicked it to Sana.

Seulgi exhaled heavily with a proud feeling. She wasn't as bad as she thought.

Unfortunatly, one minute later jihyo collided with one of the defender and got injured. It wasn't something new, but now they had one good player less and had to send Yeri in as their substitute.

At least Jeongyeon told her to switch positions with her younger roommate.

And that meant: She was the forward now. And she could show her skills.

In the end, Jeongyeon was the one who shoot the goal and helping them to win the match. They all celebrated their first success with bellowing and squealing in the center of the field. Like always, they jumped around like children.

The party continued in Chae's and Lisa's dorm. Jennie and Yeri took all the snacks of their room while Wendy and Rosie got some water and limo. It was kind of an ritual that they celebrated their first win.

Seulgi placed herself onto Joy's bed and observed Chae who tried to tidy up her cornor within seconds. She totally failed. Irene and Wendy joined Seulgi and gave her a drink for refreshing.

"You are a pretty good player Seulgi", Irene commented and took a sip of her limo.

"Jeongyeon is a pretty good player", she corrected the girl and laughed.

"Don't be so modest. We all know you gave your best", Wendy clarified and nudged her.

"And you won the ball for our team multiple times", Irene added.

They both disappeared in the crowd and left Seulgi alone. She stood up too and looked for some snacks. Meanwhile she observed Jisoo, who sat onto her bed with Nayeon. Immediately Seulgi noticed the extreme difference between Chae's and her space.

Jisoo was maybe the most organized and neatiest person she has ever met. She already had the impression that Irene prefered a clean space, but her sister was a higher level.

Still staring at the raven-haired girl, Rosie suddenly drove her back to reality with a soft but effective touch at her shoulder.

"Why do you look at Jisoo like she is a criminal?"

"Am I? I just wondered about the fact that Jisoo seems to be pretty organized", Seulgi replied.

"True."

Now they both stared at her. Probably they looked like Jisoo was an alien and out of this world, but Seulgi really didn't care. She really wanted to find out why Jisoo was so interested in this goblets. Should she maybe just ask her? Or would that be too suspicious?

"Have you seen a zombie?"

Seulgi flinched. Why the fuck was this girl always around her? Was she following Seulgi everywhere?

"Irene you are scary!" Seulgi declared and got closer to Rosie who was still fixing Jisoo. "I'm just curious why my little sister catches your interest."

"She is fascinating", Rosie blurted out. Both Seulgi and Irene eyed her with an more than confused face.

"Don't get me wrong!", Rosie immediately spoke out after she realized how strange her statement sounded. But Irene already attacked her with an amused expression.

"Rosie you dirty girl!"

-

Seulgi covered herself with her blancket, ready to fall asleep in seconds. She was still happy because of their successful start in terms of soccer. A soft smile appeared on her lips. She was really lucky to be at this school.

Which a comfortable feeling, she closed her eyes and fell asleep, dreaming of being free and flying around above a breathtaking landscape.

But every dream comes to an end. And Seulgi's was near as a loud noise interrupted her sleep.

And she knew this alarm.

Fire.