Chapter 44

Now she was giving flyers to people. Her life couldn't be better. She should really try to stop being a sympathizer. R. E. A. L. L. Y.

Next time she would just say NO.

Seulgi headed toward some dudes standing right behind the big fountain in the middle of the plaza. With a firmly smile, she greeted them and handed them two of their school's flyer out.

Again, she was alone. A perfect time to overthink her surprise for Irene. In the end, she decided to go to the roof since she got no better idea. Responsibility or not. She wouldn't care for that eve.

She had also bought a king size pringles box in Glencoe (and was broke now). Her special present for her girlfriend. Of course Irene wasn't that obsessed with the chips, but Seulgi couldn't refuse to buy it and used this occassion to make an excuse to her friends.

As she walked along the yard, her eyes fixed the booth next to the soccer field. She noticed Chae and Sana doing a battle, and Lisa who was apparently bickering around with somebody.

Nobody would notice if she just kicked a few balls, right?

With much more passion, she followed her heart and approached the field... as her phone vibrated again.

"What now?", she asked a little bit too harsh as she saw Bang Chan's name popping up on her phone.

"Seulgi, I need your help. Now."

"I am busy right now", she immediately clarified.

"It's important. The finance people need some documents of the school. To be precise: They need the building plan. Can you go to the library and bring it to me?"

There was it again. She didn't want to follow Bang Chan like a little puppy. But he really needed her.

"Can't you ask somebody else? I have to give those flyers-"

"Please Seulgi!"

Argh.

"Yes", she sighed, sounding really desperate.

"Thanks!"

Why couldn't she say NO? N. O. Two fricking characters. Two. Even one less than the word 'yes'. Something for lazy people. 'Maybe this was also the reason why Chae always keeps saying no...'

She immediately said goodbye to the beloved soccer field and walked back to the main tract. Passing the booths for food, she grabbed a snack. It was already 2pm. Since fucking one and a half hour, she has been  giving damn flyers to strangers. Maybe it was good that Bang Chan asked her to do something else...

On the way to the library, she met Jihyo and Nayeon, both laughing and chatting.

"Did Irene rejected you or why are you alone?", Jihyo chuckled and smirked.

'Come to the students coucil and become a slave of Bang Chan. That's why I am alone', Seulgi thought but hold herself back.

"I just need something in the library."

"Aha. Then have fun", Jihyo said with a giggle from Nayeon. They both disappeared.

In the last months, the library became one of her favourite places. Since Wendy became the president of the club, she changed a lot of things. Now they had a big fantasy section, something that not only Mina loved to read.

The amount of beanbags grew too, they literally got a small relaxing paradise now. With a perfect view over the forest and the lake. She was already excited for the Christmas holidays. One week full of reading while listening to music and watching the snow falling.

Perfect.

She entered the library and smiled. The atmosphere was amazing. It got just destroyed by Bang Chan's assingment.

Fortunately she quickly found what she was looking for. A big map with old building plans in it. It kinda looked like a puzzle for her, but she wouldn't do Bang Chan the favour and would order it. He could do that by himself.

With the grey map under her arm, she approached the exit of the library, but a sudden giggle made her stop.

"No, you don't get it. You can just take two steps forward in the beginning."

"But then pawns are really useless..."

"At the first sight. But you can win big matches if you want."

She took some steps bag to look around the corner. Although Seulgi just wanted to go back to the festival, her curiosity won. She knew this voices.

"So. Now the knight. That's a bit more difficult", Jisoo announced and took a small figure.

"I think I am ready!", Wendy clapped her hands.

"Okay. You can either do at first one step and then three or the opposite. So basically you always draw a 'L' with the trail of the knight." Seulgi saw how Jisoo demonstrated it to her . Wendy's eyes sparkled.

"That's easy. You can explain very well."

"You told me how. You have explained me much more than I did." Jisoo placed a soft smile on her lips too. Wendy chuckled.

"What about a first round?"

Seulgi's heart suddenly tightened. She wasn't prepared to see them here. Alone. She hasn't done much with Wendy in the last weeks. No, months. It all started with the preparations of the anniversary, the relationship with Irene and the stress of the exams.

She used to talk with Wendy everyday, come to her dorm almost every single hour to annoy the girl. But somehow, she was now always with Jisoo. Always. Seulgi barely saw her when she visits Irene in her dorm.

Her hearth tightened again. Was this jealousy? Was she jealous of Jisoo? She shouldn't be, and she knew that. Jisoo was a nice person. And the sister of her own girlfriend. But why did she feel like this. She never did.

She deeply inhaled to get rid of all this stupid thoughts.It wasn't fair. She should be glad that she had that much friends in this school.

'Enjoy the festival! Talk to your best friend later! Have a great eve with your girl!', Seulgi motivated herself and started to smile. Slowly, she removed from the spot and exited the library.

She was still a bit depressed. But it was more because of her assignments.

She was alone.

A slave.

At a festival.

Under controll of a boy named Bang Chan.

Rejected by her friends.

What could be worse?

"Hey Seulgi."