Chapter 29

"We walked with her through the eastern complex to the southers and got with the help of Mina out", Seulgi ended her story of what they had done the whole time.

Jihyo stared at her with eyes wide open. It was completely relatable that she needed a moment to proceed this amount of information.

"And Jisoo is with Irene in the Health-care center?", she asked.

Wendy responded with a nod. "She said she didn't feel well. To be honest, she looked a bit sick", Seulgi stated.

Secretly, Seulgi was glad that Irene wasn't here. After this... strange situation, she felt so awkward the whole way back. She wouldn't complain being around other people this time.

"And what is with Ryujin and Tzuyu now?", Jihyo continued with her question session.

"Okay well", Chae began before Wendy could even open her mouth. "Since Ryujin could barely walk, Wendy and I carried her to the exit. Fortunately, Wendy memorized the combination of the sticks so we could get out easily. We just brought both to the Heath-care center. That was it..."

"No interesting stories?", Mina asked out of a corner.

"You couldn't really talk to them. Ryujin almost fainted because of the pain and Tzuyu was traumatized. I think it was the best to avoid more pressure", Wendy answered with narrowed eyes.

A silence appeared. Now Jihyo knew everything or at least the most important stuff. What they gonna do about this was still a mystery for Seulgi. But they agreed to keep it as a secret at first until they got more information. 

At first they had to interrogate Jisoo. After that, Seulgi would immediately inform Bang Chan about everything. And they had to talk to Tzuyu and Ryujin. How they explained the injury of the one girl to the nurse was still not so clear for them. But somehow they would also solve this problem.

After their emergency meeting, Seulgi walked outside to get some sunlight. It was already afternoon.

It felt like a whole week they had spended underground. But in reality, they had just stayed less than 16 hours in the complex.

The cold breeze touched her face and messed up her hairs as she entered the school yard. How good it felt to see something else than yellow stones and endless trails. She had really missed that.

At some distance, she saw the soccer and beach volleyball field, right next to the forest. Some younger kids played there, but she couldn't recognize who.

Another cold breeze blow though the yard, creating goosebumps on her skin. It was almost the end of autumn, so nothing special. But maybe she should have put on a jacket...

While crossing the yard, she couldn't get the complex and all recent events out of her mind. She was standing right above the corridor... Right above that creepy and at the same time fascinating column.

With small steps, she tried to exactly walk the same route as they did a few hours ago under the ground. It maybe looked more like she balanced on a few stones, but she didn't care. Somehow everyone had their ways of proceeding the recent events.

"Seulgi, are you okay?", a male voice appeared behind her and laughed. She turned around, aready knowing to whom this voice belongs to.

"Hey Jungkook", she awkwardly greeted. This was exactly the only person she DIDN'T want to meet now...

He squinted his eyes and waved his hand. "How are you doing? Haven't seen you in school today."

Oh shit.

"Ehm yeah. I- I", she stuttered, not really knowing how to make an excuse spontaneously.

"I had a biology project with Wendy and the others. We had to go to the forest."

Okay that wasn't bad!

"Oh I love biology! What's the topic?"

Shit, what should she say now?

"Ehm-"

'the biology competiton concerning dissect, the human anatomy and the natural cycle.', the voice of Mina echoed in her head.

"Something about dissect, the human anatomy and the natural cycle. We- We try to improve the stuff of some former students who won the biology throphies...", Seulgi improvised, pretty impressed of her own brain.

"Nice. By the way, you said you wanted to think about-", he suddenly started and paused to face the ground. Seulgi already knew about what he wanted to talk. And she wasn't in the mood to tell him the truth at all.

Not now, not here, not after all the things she walked though. But of course she couldn't tell this Jungkook.

"You know what I mean. About a relationship", he ended and directly looked into her eyes. Seulgi avoided his gaze.

"I don't feel really well today", she confessed. She wasn't lying tho...

A loud sigh escaped the boy's mouth. "Seulgi you can tell me if you don't want a relationship."

"I haven't said this. I am just pretty exhausted", she started, but Jungkook wasn't really listening to her.

She didn't wanted to do it now. She was so confused right now, about the school, about Jungkook, yeah ABOUT HER FRICKING SEXUALITY. She has kissed a girl. And she liked it. How should she talk with Jungkook about a relationship NOW?

"I really don't understand you. If you don't feel something, then tell me but don't leave me in the fricking darkness. I thought that you feel something too, but as the new students came, you somehow acted different to me and avoided our dates."

'Dates?', Seulgi thought but stayed silent. She was holding back her tears. The whole pressure sumed up in her body and was about to break out of her.

"So please just tell me what you feel okay?", he ended and exhaled deeply.

"I- I don't-", Seulgi managed to say, but her voice cracked.

He again sighed. "At least I got an answer now...", he said while turning around and throw the arms in the air.

Seulgi felt like so bad, so miserable and awful at the same time. She hated to disappoint her friends. A small tear ran down her face. She exactly knew who she needed now. She took out her phone.

"Wendy... Can you come outside please?"