Chapter 51

For the first time in her life, she wasn't the sympathizer.

Her mind told her to resist, to stop following things that were unacceptable. Why should they all suffer because of one person? Why should they stay in their dorms because of some dumb police officers that were apparently too dumb to do a good job.

She understood the measures, nevertheless, she couldn't accept them.

"Your dorm?", Irene breathed out as they ran to the western tract, adrenaline rushing through Seulgi's veins. She felt so lively, so full of joy. It was a strange feeling she never experienced before, but immediately tried to keep it.

They headed toward Seulgi's dorm, without sharing a word. She exactly knew how desperate her girlfriend was to be with her, and how she enjoyed every second. They both became so used to see each other every day.

After the new rules, it felt like a necessary part of her life was removed. Forced to be removed.

Irene harshly slammed the door shut as they entered and pushed Seulgi onto the bed. The latter didn't protest and pressed her head into the cushion as Irene's red and velvet lips connected with hers.

Seulgi replied the kiss with the same passion, the excitement boiling in her body. The guilt was gone. There was just the thought of her girlfriend, the image of perfection.

Rapidly, she attacked Irene's neck and kissed down her jawline.

"Lucky girl you are", Irene mentioned as they both got enough of each other (not really, but the need of air became necessary).

"Because of you?", Seulgi grinned and played with Irene's left hand. She was sitting at the edge of the bed.

"That too. But at least you don't have such reasonable dorm members..."

"What's the problem with Jihyo, Wendy and Rosie?"

"Jihyo isn't a problem. She also thinks that these measures are completely dumb. But Wendy always tells us how important it is to show solidarity and bla bla bla. It's exhausting." Irene rolled her eyes.

"Believe me, hearing the bickering of Jennie and Yeri isn't better. It's nerve-wrecking." Seulgi shrugged with a weak smile plastered on her face.

"At least you have Mina."

"Mina with all her books. Thanks, I guess."

Suddenly, Irene stood up and removed from the bed. Seulgi watched her from the bed, how she approached the corner of the silent girl. For a moment, she was just mesmerized by Irene's back profile, of her slim waist and her precious legs, her gentle movements... until she saw what the girl was about to do.

"Are you crazy stop spying on Mina's property!", she hissed and leaned forward.

"Babe ,relax. I am just looking."

Seulgi immediately shut up, even though she could see that Irene was visibly touching the items on the small bedside table.

"What the fuck!? Why is she reading a satanic bible?!"

Seulgi shrugged. She wasn't even surprised by this.

"She is cringe", Irene stated with raised eyebrows. Seulgi leaned back and lightly chuckled. A sudden gasp filled the room. She watched Irene picking something up looking like a piece of paper.

"What have you found?", she said with an annoyed subtone. Why couldn't Irene just keep her fingers away from other's objects?

"It's a small note. Wanna see?" The girl grinned, the paper still in her right hand. Seulgi didn't reply so Irene read it out loud.

"It's hidden in the eastern tract. Not very obvious to be honest. Maybe you could take a look at it and confirm my assumption. Next book: One hundred years of solitude."

Irene looked up, a frown appeared on her face. "What the fuck was that?" She handed Seulgi the small note.

"That's definitely not Mina's handwriting. Hers is so unique, I would have recognized it." She again scanned the letters. Nope, that was definitely somebody else.

"Why is this note in a book?"

"How should I know? I am more interested in the meaning of it." For the third time, she analyzed the paper. Hidden...

The jewelry could be hidden.

In the eastern tract.

Maybe she communicated with another person in this school. A second thief? Okay Seulgi, calm down!

"Are you sure?", Irene suddenly drove her back to reality. Wait, has she said all that loud?

"Why should Mina steal things? That makes no sense", Seulgi more said to herself and chuckled.

"Why would she read a satanic bible with a small note in it that clearly tells us something about a hidden item and where she should put her next note in?" Irene crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"She is always very questionable. I won't interpret too much in it, babe. Really." Seulgi smiled a bit and extended her arms so Irene could sit on her lap.

With the petite girl on top of her, they both inspected the piece of paper.

"It's still odd. Shouldn't we keep an eye on her?", Irene asked. Seulgi just nodded, her grip tightened around Irene's waist. She was aware that something was strange about the note. And she would surely be more attentive around Mina. But Seulgi would never blame somebody for something without any evidence.

"There is no need for her to steal expensive things...", she exhaled, sounding a bit too frustrated.

"Who has a reason at this school?"

"Me? Or maybe Jihyo? In comparison to the others, we are poor." She leaned back as Irene suddenly turned around.

"You aren't really thinking about that, are you?! Seulgi-ya, just because you aren't rich won't make you to a possible thief. Nobody is blaming you!"

Seulgi smiled at the cute reaction of her girlfriend. She knew that she had no reason to feel guilty or pressured, but a small part of her brain still reminded her of the disparities between her and the others.

And especially now she felt the gap between her and her friends. Apparently, somebody wasn't telling her the truth. Maybe, the thief was among them. Maybe...

She gradually realized that trust could be an awful mistake.