Chapter 48

"Has your jewelry maybe disappeared?", Jisoo breathed out, her eyes resting on Irene. She slightly nodded.

Jisoo sighed.

"Everything is gone. I mean, they even got Chae's expensive brushes... The only thing that is left is a useless necklace of Joy. And Lisa's precious stone collection."

"It's the same here", Seulgi started. "Jennie still got her earrings, Irene too. Yeri's things are all gone."

As she had ended, Irene got up and approached her sister. Now Seulgi realized how similar they looked. But that wasn't the topic right now...

"Shouldn't we immediately report the case?", Irene suggested, the fear still visible behind those pretty brown eyes.

"I don't know what has happened, but shouldn't we talk to the others first? And maybe check how many items got stolen in general?", Jihyo raised her voice. She tilted her head and looked at all of them.

"Okay, then let's do this."

They splitted up into two teams. Yeri followed Jisoo back to her dorm, while Irene, Jihyo and Seulgi returned to her own. The door was already open as their arrived, revealing a new student.

"Everything?", Wendy's disbelieving voice came out of a corner.

"A few things are still here. But you can call it everything."

"Jihyo's stuff is still there", Irene clarified as they entered.

"That makes absolutely no sense."

"Smart ass", Jennie hissed and rolled her eyes. Wendy sighed.

Seulgi leaned back at the wall and closed her eyes for a moment. She had to concentrate.

Suddenly, all the jewelry mysteriously disappeared. Either yesterday at the anniversary or today. But that was almost impossible since they were the whole day in their dorms.

So it was yesterday at the festival. It would have been pretty risky for the thief to steal it there. They all had access to their dorms. Except of-

"Fire alarm", Mina blurted out and watched them with closed eyes. Seulgi shivered at her statement. Did she thought about exactly the same?

"The alarm came pretty unexpected. Reason: The thief caused it. To distract everybody. Did anybody of you even payed attention to the people outside?"

They all shook their heads. Mina continued.

"It was too easy", she almost chuckled. "We are fools."

"Why should somebody steal all our expensive property?", Wendy asked in confusion. It didn't made sense to Seulgi neither.

"Don't know. Gambling?"

"You sound like Lisa", Seulgi huffed and walked back to her bed. Irene was still lying on there.

"Are you really trying to figure out who the mysterious thief is? This case belongs to the police!", her girlfriend firmly said. She stood up.

"We just try to understand it more", Wendy explained. Irene rolled her eyes.

"I won't hesistate to inform our principle now. It's insane what you are doing right now." The door slammed shut after she left. Silence.

"And what now?", Jennie asked with an annoyed subtone.

"I guess we should prepare for the police.", Wendy stated.

"This will surely end in big consequences."

Seulgi was shocked. Shocked by the worth the jewelry had. She couldn't even think that far. As Wendy told her to immediately come to a students council consultation, she almost fainted.

Hearing the facts again of her president, she was even more shocked. Or maybe intimidated. Apparently only the western tract was affected. Nobody of the boys reported a loss of some property.

Besides, also the students council agreed that the fire alarm was pretty suspicious related to the crime. But all in all, they didn't know more than the others.

After the meeting, the principle informed the police. It was already kinda odd that the fire department, an ambulance and the police had to come to their school in one semester.

Back in her dorm, she tried to comfort Jennie who was crying now. Again and again, she caressed the girls back, although she wasn't really helping her with that gesture.

For the nth time this day, her thoughts drove back to the thief.

What was the purpose?

Why exaclty now?

Had it something to do with Lisa's necklace?

Why not Jihyo's property? Why Chae's brushes?

Where was the connection?

Seulgi sighed. At the beginning of the day, she had happily taken a walk with Irene, feeling free. The reality was back now. And she hated it.

Every trouble started with the arrival of their new students. Or to be precise: With the arrival of Irene's sister. Seulgi was still mistrustful. But she would never tell Irene about that.

Jisoo had opened the complex, she was the one that caused the trouble. Why not again?

But Seulgi quickly remembered that Jisoo couldn't be the thief. She had money for three lives. She wouldn't have any purpose.

But thinking like this made Seulgi realize more and more how suspicious she was. Sooner or later, somebody will surely blame her. And that was the most dangerous part of it: After some time, they will all  blame each other.