Chapter 42

One day. Just one day left and she still got no idea or gift for her beautiful girlfriend. She was close to killing herself. Was she so dumb and emotionless? No, she definitely had emotions. Just not the right sense for what her girlfriend liked.

While thinking and overthinking her own thoughts, Seulgi placed a ballon above the main entrance, carefully balancing on the ladder.

Of course, she had masses of ideas. She could have asked Yeri, Mina and Jennie to disappear for a while. Mina would have been a miracle if she followed her plead, but coincidentely Irene's and her 'anniversary' was on the same day as the school's festival.

But her idea was lame. She could buy some food of the grocery story in Glencoe, but it wouldn't make sense if they eat at the buffee an hour ago and then eat pringles and chocolate.

"Seulgi-ya! You look like a duck who tries to fly but is too dumb. And your ballons look like shit", Joy screamed under her and grinned.

"Thanks for nothing. You turn more and more into Yeri..."

Joy just raised one eyebrow and took one yellow ballon out of Rosies's hands who was blowing them up. Seulgi again turned around and noticed her own creation. A total disaster.

But who could blame her? Irene was definitely more important than this stupid decoration. She took a deep breath and pinned another ballon at the wall. At least she didn't had to plan much for their day.

In the eve was a small ball, but not only for the students but also for the the rest of the visitors. And that was lame.

"Seulgi could you maybe concentrate a bit?", Rosie's voice now appeared. She glanced to her feet and saw the girl frowning. "I don't know but pink, brown and orange aren't fitting well together..."

She mentally facepalmed herself as she looked again at her own decoration. 'Okay, concentrate Seulgi! You still have the whole day to think about your problems.'

So took the pins in her hands and removed the orange ballon. Joy gave her a yellow one, probably a better combination...

Right now she was trying to fix it at the wall, as a ear-wrecking yell appeared. Accidentally she lifted up her hands- and hit the ballon which exploaded with a huge peng!

"My lovely friends! Nice to see you?!", Chae yelled and smirked.

"Are you doing drugs?", Joy giggled.

"I think you expect a 'yes' from me", the girl just replied and walked to the ladder. She tilted her head and looked up to Seulgi who was still trying to balance on this fricking thing. Chae could be lucky that she hasn't scared her to death. LITERALLY TO DEATH!

"Do you have a nice view ddeulgi?"

"Yes I am fine!", Seulgi stated confused.

"Wendy told me I should advise you a bit in... certain tings." Oh fuck!

She should really not tell everything her best friend. Of course she talked with her about her little problem, and that Chiwon recommended her to ask Chae. But she wasn't serious about that!

"Omo! Certain things? What is she talking about, Seulgi?", Joy suddenly entered the chat.

"Nothing particular..." She scratched her head and climbed down the ladder to avoid any accidents.

"You are boring, Seulgi... But okay, I respect your privacy..." Joy looked at her madly and approached Rosie to help her with the rest of the decoration.

"So you need help?", Chae asked again, surprisingly serious this time. She looked at her with wide eyes, eyes that resemble those of cats.

"Kinda..." Seulgi sighed, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Yeah, Wendy told me everything. So basically I am the best contact for that. You have millions of opportunities in this boarding school!"

"I haven't found one", Seulgi stated with squinted eyes.

"I mean, I don't know what you planned to do, but-", she grinned widely.

"Chae, don't think we are going to have- no no", Seulgi hastily shook her head and waved her hands simuntaneously, signalizing Chae that she definitely wasn't thinking about that...

"Okay I got it. So just a romantic eve?" Seulgi nodded. "So what about the roof top?"

"You are kidding right?" Seulgi chuckled a bit, but her smile vanished as she saw the seriousness in Chae's face.

"The sunset is stunning!", Chae argued.

"What the fuck Chae, that's against the rules!", Seulgi contered with a dumbfounded gaze.

"You and your rules... Forget about it, nobody will notice since we are all at the ball..."

"But that's dangerous! What if somebody stumbles and falls off the roof?" Seulgi was clearly trying to convey Chae that she wasn't thrilled at all. But Chae was more amused than understanding.

"Irene loves adventures. Step out of your comfort zone, honey."

Seulgi shook her head. "Don't you have a better idea than this?"

"Unfortunately no. The others were even more dangerous and illegal." She narrowed her eyes and turned around. "Have fun at your lame date."

Seulgi groaned again, for the nth time today. She was fucked up!

-

southern tract, 7pm

I twisted the pencil between my fingers, getting her attention. "Nervous?"

"No why?"

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Have you found out something more of Arnold Priston? Because your book didn't help me much except of the dates and architect's plans."

She shook her head. "Nowhere to find."

We walked along the glass cabinet. I stopped and looked at the shiny throphies. "Guess he wanted to be a mysterious principal. Also after he died." I groaned und tilted my head to the ceiling.

"Tomorrow is the ball", she mentioned and stared at me. "Yeah, why?" I started to twist that pencil again.

"It's an opportunity to be alone...", she stated and looked at me.

I smirked.

"If you don't want to dance, then yeah, we are alone. Some time to make more investigations."