Beauxbatons girls and Durmstrang boys (p24)

After the chaotic holidays and a lot of convincing my mom that going to school was safe I was now sitting in the great hall for yet another year at Hogwarts. Draco had also sent me a letter telling me he had been worried sick after I ran off after Hermione and Ron at Dartmoor. Everyone was chatting about what had happened at the Quidditch World Cup. I was sick of talking about it since I had been there and for me it was quite a traumatic memory.

I was sitting next to Neville at the Gryffindor table and he knew very well that I wanted nothing than to move on from what happened at the Cup.

"So you and Draco huh?" He nudged me

I blushed "there is something, but we're taking it slow." I searched the hall for him. After scanning my eyes down the Slytherin table my eyes landed on him. I stared at him, his usual slight frown, the way his hair fell over his face, then him laughing at something. I smiled  unknowingly and then he turned and our eyes locked. He smiled at me which made my smile grow even wider.

"Hey." He mouthed

"Hi" I mouthed back raising my hand slightly.

I heard giggling in front of me, Ginny and Hermione had just seen our interaction and proceeded to jokingly mock me. A second later Dumbledore called for silence. He proceeded to make his usual announcements and then explained that this year we were hosting two schools. This caused loud whispers to erupt from all the tables. Once more he called for silence and introduced the first school.

"Please welcome the girls from the Beauxbatons academy of magic." Dumbledore exclaimed.

The doors burst open to show several gorgeous girls dressed in all blue. Judging by the way guys and girls around me start drooling I guessed they were Veela. My eyes immediately searched for Draco once again and once I found him I saw that he too was standing and drooling over the girls as they pranced up the great hall. Although I knew it wasn't completely his fault it still made me feel a little jealous. I rolled my eyes at his gesture.

"Now please welcome the boys from the Durmstrang institute." Dumbledore continued once the Veela girls were done with their performance.

A bunch of tall, muscly attractive guys walked through the great hall. Although all eyes fell on Victor Krum, what caught my eye was another guy who I recognized as the guy who had winked at me at the Quidditch World Cup. As he walked by his eyes fell upon me as they did in the cup and this time he not only winked at me but also gave me a sort of salute. I giggled at the gesture then turned to face Draco and saw his face was fuming with anger which only made me giggle more.

Once Dumbledore was done introducing them he told them to find somewhere to sit and to everyone's surprise, but me, the salute guy made his way over and asked if he could sit next to me. But before I could answer Neville was scooting over and making space for him which the guy gladly took. He sat next to me and introduce himself.

"Hi I'm Nikolai....Nikolai Vasil." He said in a thick Bulgarian accent stretching out his hand.

"Y/n" I told him shaking his hand and smiling kindly.

Dumbledore continued talking, I turned to face Draco and saw that he was still wearing the furious expression, with a huge pout which I actually found cute. I playfully rolled my eyes at him and looked back to the front at Dumbledore. He announced that this year the Triwizard tournament would be held at Hogwarts for the first time in ages. This earned him an impressive amount of cheers from all houses and schools. Until he announced that only students from the age of 17 or older could participate, which in turn earned him a loud eruption of disapproving noises and comments. After this, the feast started and we all got to eating.

"Wow this is cool. We do not have this same things at Durmstrang." Nikolai said next to me pointing at the food.

"Oh yea, I guess that here's probably a lot of cultural differences even in the magical world," I told him as I served myself.

"What you recommend Miss y/n?" he asked me. I giggled at his proper mention of my name.

"Everything's good but you should definitely try some hash browns....oh and some figgy pudding for dessert," I told him.

He nodded and served himself and we began eating, I started chatting with Hermione and Ginny who couldn't help but stare at Nikolai. I didn't blame them, he was quite attractive, blue eyes, tall, slightly curled dark brown hair, impeccable bone structure.

"So Miss y/n, once we finish maybe you could show me your school? like a tour?" He asked me

"Uh...yeah sure I guess I could... I" I accepted a little reluctantly.

"Thank you. You are a very nice girl." He said taking my hand and scooting closer. I giggled awkwardly and tried to shift my body away slowly.

"Hello y/n!" I heard a voice behind me and then an arm wrap around my shoulder. "Hello there, I'm Draco Malfoy." He said as he stretched his hand out to Nikolai.

"Nikolai Vasil." Nikolai returned the gesture looking puzzled.

"Draco hi, Nikolai was just asking me if I could give him a tour of the school." I told him. I saw Draco's lips purse slightly. "And I said yes."

"Of course! Great idea! I'll come with you." Draco added.

I saw Nikolai shift backward a little and even though I felt flattered by Draco's gesture I felt bad for Nikolai's now uncomfortable behavior.  "Hey, Draco you know what, I think it's best if I give Nikolai the tour alone," I told him smiling as kindly as I could.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Nikolai butted in.

"No, we're not..." Draco and I said in unison "I mean we're..." we said again in unison. I let him continue.

"We're not dating." Draco finished, although this wasn't news to me it still kind of hurt me hearing those words coming from him.

After dinner, we had some time before we all had to go to bed so I started giving Nikolai the tour of the school. After walking around for a while I started to get warm and took my jumper off and once I did I saw Nikolai's eyes on my collarbone. I looked down instinctively.

"I'm sorry I didn't.." he started

"Don't worry, I got attacked by a werewolf last year, and well.." I said pointing at my collarbone and then lifting my shirt slightly to reveal my other scar.

I saw him stare in awe and to my surprise, he reached his hand towards my stomach. I flinched at the gesture but let him touch my scar. He traced my scar which made me feel vulnerable but at the same time accepted. This was the first time anyone had touched my scar, even I avoided touching it as much as I could. The way he wasn't afraid to do it and didn't look away or try to avoid it like most people did made me feel different, better about myself. After a while, he put his hand down.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him panting slightly since my heart rate had picked up significantly. 

"You can tell a lot about someone from their scars, what they've been through, they tell a story." He said staring directly at me. "I want to get to know yours." He said stepping closer.

For some reason I didn't move backward, my mind told me I should but my body wouldn't. Our bodies were inches apart as well as our faces. Nikolai reached for my hand, and with the other, he lifted his shirt and placed my hand on his abdomen. I moved my body back slightly to see exactly what was happening and saw that my hand was tracing a long scar going down his abs.

"I'll tell you mine...My own father did this to me." He said. My eyes shifted from his scar to his eyes.

I stared at him for a while before we both broke eye contact. We both heard a noise and we turned to see someone rounding a corner, I could just make out blonde hair and knew exactly who it was. I cursed myself.