Double Date? (43)

The whole of the DA had to do lines as punishment for two weeks. Harry and I however were told to do 100 lines a day, until the OWLs started. I didn't even know how I was supposed to write anymore given that I could barely move my hand anymore. 

One day I was walking back from another one of Umbridge's sessions when I spotted Draco walking up the same corridor. He seemed distracted, looking down at his feet so he didn't even see me. He had been avoiding me ever since he said he loved me. I walked up to him quietly making sure not to let him see me. 

"Draco," I whispered making him jump slightly. 

He tried to walk back but I grabbed his arm tightly. "Draco stop," I begged. 

"I have to go." He replied trying to free himself from my grip and avoiding eye contact. 

"Draco stop, look at me!" I said firmly, he turned to look with me and I could see the pain in his eyes- "I'm sorry, Harry told me you didn't actually sell us out, and I did mean it when I said I wasn't angry with you, and I know you said you loved me the other day but it's ok if you didn't mean it, I -" I began blabbering. 

Draco came closer to me, inches away from my body causing me to stop talking "y/n I meant it. I do love you. But I'm not good for you, I try to help you and I make things worse. I get you more hurt and you have to stay away from me." He begged me. 

"Draco it's not your fault ok, and no Draco,  I need you, I need you to be with me because...Draco because....because I love you too and I hate when we're like this. I hate being apart from you. I hate it." I felt myself tearing up. 

Draco moved forward and cupped my cheeks, resting his forehead on mine. "You love me?" He whispered. 

"I do," I whispered back. He brought his lips down to meet mine before we started kissing. This kiss was different, it was soft, gentle, slow. Like something we both hadn't tasted in a while, something we had both been longing for. 

"Would you look at that?" We heard a voice say forcing us to break the kiss. We turned to see Theo. We both simply stared at him. "Aww, I love you guys too," He said running forward and wrapping his arms around us both. Draco and I stared at each other for a second before we started laughing. 

"Hey Theo, so what's up with you and Luna?" I asked him. 

"Luna? Loony-" Draco started, surprised, Theo and I glared at him before he could finish. "Sorry," he said defeated. 

"You're distant cousin!" I reminded Draco, he shrugged. 

"I don't know, I really like her but I'm not sure she does," Theo explained. 

"She is quite hard to read." I tried to assure him. 

"y/n maybe you could ask her if she's into me." Theo looked down at me in excitement. 

I turned to see Draco looking extremely confused, I stifled a laugh. "Theo I can try, but I can't promise anything," I told Theo, he looked extremely happy with himself. 

______

A few days later I walked into Luna when I was walking with Draco around the castle grounds one afternoon. She was walking barefoot. 

"Oh hi, Luna, where are your shoes?" I asked her looking down at her feet. I turned to see Draco look down too in disgust. 

"Oh someone's taken them, I'm sure they need them more than I do, but I like walking barefoot anyways, especially when it's a nice day like this one." She told me in her usual dreamy voice. 

I turned and saw Draco wearing a look of utter confusion and disapproval on his face. I nudged him and his face relaxed slightly. "Uhmm Luna I wanted to ask you something."