Preparation (73)

A couple of days before Harry left, Remus had come to the cottage to let us know Tonks had given birth. The amount of joy that everyone felt that day definitely gave me that bit of hope again. I was a godmother now and I knew that it was important for us to keep going, not only for us but for Teddy and the generation of wizards to come.
___
After Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook had left Luna and I spent some time discussing our options in private. We knew that as much as our parents wouldn't like it, we had to go back to Hogwarts and prepare for a fight. I knew Remus, Bill, Fleur, my mom and basically everyone we were surrounded with would make it very hard but we had to find a way to convince them.

One evening when everyone was gathered at the table for dinner Luna and I decided to give it a shot.  "So...Luna and I've been talking...and we think it's best if we head back to Hogwarts." I blurted out.

"Ok." My mom said and I saw Fleur and Bill smiling.

Luna and I turned to look at each other suspiciously. "What?" I whispered.

"We could hear you chatting you know? The walls are thin." Bill laughed slightly.

"Oh." Luna and I said in unison.

"Honey ever since you-know-who kidnapped us and you had to do the task he sent you, I knew there was no way for me to stop you from putting up a fight. As much as I wanted and tried to keep you away from him and what he's doing out there, I know it's not fair. This is your world too and it's only right you fight for it." My mom explained.

"What about Remus?" I turned to face them all. 

"The day we arrived we had a chat, we talked. We both knew you would want to go back and we both agreed that it's best if you know you have our support. We are both worried, of course, we love you very much but I know your dad would've agreed with us too. " my mom told me. 

"When can we go?" Luna asked them. 

"I've talked to our contact in Hogsmeade that'll help you, he can be ready to let you in tomorrow. But you'll have to be very careful, You-know-who has eyes everywhere, and now that he knows you two have had contact with Harry he will try to get to you. You must remain in hiding the whole time until it's time to fight." Bill told us both. 

We nodded. 

____

Luna and I had packed some food and some clothes that Fleur had so kindly given us. I wrote a letter to Tonks and Remus and gave it to mom so she could give it to him the next time he came to visit. 

Dear Tonks and Remus, 

Remus, mom told me about your conversation with her. I wanted to thank you both for everything. During the lowest times of my life, you were there for me, watching over me, caring for me, and most importantly showing me the love I needed so much. I want you to know that I came to think of you both as my second parents. I will forever feel honored that you chose me as Teddy's godmother and promise to fight the hardest I've ever fought for him to have a safe and better future. Please take care and keep each other safe, I love you so much. 

with all my love, y/n. 

It was a bittersweet feeling leaving Shell Cottage with Luna, I knew that this very well could possibly be the last time I saw them all in these circumstances, and the next time I did, we would all be fighting for our lives and each other. 

It was dark, Luna and I knew the plan. We apparated to Hogsmeade, we appeared in a dark alley. We then heard voices and saw light coming from both ends of the alley. We quickly made our way inside the Hogs Head pub. We walked in and it looked empty and abandoned. Luna and I started walking in quietly and we both jumped when Aberforth appeared from behind the bar. 

"C, mon, there's no time, they're coming." He rushed us. We followed him to the portrait of Ariana. 

"Thank you, Mr. Dumbledore," Luna whispered. 

"Hurry." Aberforth urged us only nodding slightly at our gratitude. 

He closed the portrait behind us. It was dark, I took my wand out. "Lumos," I whispered and Luna did the same. With the little light we had, we started walking down the long and dark passageway. 

After walking for a couple of minutes I started feeling a little nervous about seeing everyone again. It had already been 1 month and a couple of weeks since I'd seen them. I wondered about their state, I knew that they couldn't have had a better time than me with the Carrows as teachers and everything. 

Finally, we were there. I took a deep breath before pushing open the door and Luna noticed my nerves. She reached for my hand and I took it. We both pushed the door open together and we heard a couple of voices silence. We stood there holding hands and looking out at everyone. 

"Hi." I broke the silence. 

Seamus, Cho, Lavander, Colin, Dennis, and many more people ran to help us down. Luna walked down first and just as I was about to hop down I saw Neville appear from behind a column. 

"y/n." He called. 

"Neville," I called back. He looked terrible, badly bruised, and beaten. I walked down the fastest I could and once I turned Neville was already there and we crashed into a tight embrace. "I missed you," I whispered as I held him.

"Me too. I'm so glad you're ok." He whispered back still holding me tightly. Once we pulled away I proceeded to hug the rest of the DA. Who were all happy to see us, even those with whom I didn't have as close as a relationship.