Lockdown in the great hall (p18)

As I walked back to the common room I had a huge smile on my face from the best day I'd had in a while. I fell asleep fast thinking about my afternoon. A couple of hours later everyone woke up to a commotion heard from the boy's dormitories. Hermione and I immediately thought of Harry, Ron, and Neville and ran out of our room and into theirs.

"Look at the curtains! I tell you, he was here!" was what we heard when we came in.

I looked to Neville for some explanation and he just mouthed "Sirius Black." I felt my heart drop at the name and looked back to Ron who looked completely terrified. 

I grabbed Hermione's arm and dragged her out of the boy's dormitories since I knew McGonagall would be arriving soon and we weren't supposed to be there. Hermione grabbed Crookshanks and we waited by the fireplace for McGonagall to arrive. Once she did Ron told her what he had seen.

"That's preposterous Weasley, I mean how could Sirius Black possibly get through the portrait hole?" She began

"I don't know how he got in! I was a bit busy dogging his knife." Said Ron still sounding terrified.

"Percy, have you seen Sir Cadogan?" McGonagall asked. Everyone turned their heads to look at the paintings around us.

"Oh he's there Professor," Said Percy pointing at a painting behind all of us.

McGonagall went over to interrogate Sir Cadogan and asked him if he had let a mysterious man into Gryffindor tower. To which Sir Cadogan responded yes, the man had the password, as well as all the weeks' passwords written on a piece of parchment. I winced knowing exactly to whom that piece of paper belonged too.

"Which abysmally foolish person wrote down the passwords and then proceeded to lose them?" McGonagall asked annoyed turning to face Neville.

I moved slightly closer to him as a sign of comfort. Even though Neville could be a little clumsy sometimes I hated when things like this happened to him. "Is it always going to be you?" She finished. Neville looked down at his feet embarrassed.

____

McGonagall alerted Dumbledore about the break-in and all students were told to go to the great hall immediately. I started heading down to the great hall with Hermione and just as we were on the last set of stairs I realized I had forgotten my wand on my nightstand.

"Hermione, I forgot something. Go ahead I'll catch up." I told her already turning around to head up.

"Are you sure? You really shouldn't be alone!" She shouted as I climbed the stairs as fast as I could.

"Don't worry! I won't be long, I'll meet you there." I shouted back. She hesitantly continued walking with the rest of the group.

I went in and grabbed my wand and left as quickly as possible. As I walked back the halls were already empty and I started feeling a little nervous and regretting my decision to head back alone. I was nearly there when I started hearing footsteps behind me. I tried to walk faster and the steps started accelerating as well. Finally, as I turned a corner I hid in the shadows and as the figure was coming round the corner I stepped forward and held my wand up.

"Woah!" Malfoy looked down at my wand.

I gave a huge sigh of relief. "Malfoy! You scared the crap out of me." we both hurried to the great hall. When we arrived Snape was at the entrance and I prepared myself for the interrogation.

"And why exactly are you two arriving at this hour?" He was visibly angry

"I forgot my wand sir and I had to go back to get it" I started