Clearing things up (27)

The next day I pulled Harry to the side after class one day and demanded he explained what was going on. "Harry you have to explain what that was," I said trying to sound as calm as possible.

"I didn't put my name in the Goblet y/n! I swear! Please tell me you believe me?" He said desperately.

"Harry I believe you. But what happened then?" I said, I tried remembering what Sirius told me about trusting each other.

"I don't know, I don't know who did it. But it seems that Hermione and you are the only ones who believe me so far." He was visibly upset.

"Ron?" I asked

He just shook his head.

"I'm gonna write to Padfoot soon and see what he has to say. I just don't know what I'm going to do. I have to give an interview with Rita Skeeter soon." He told me.

"oh, be careful with her, I've heard she's no good and she likes twisting stories drastically," I warned him. But I could see that he was caught up in his own thoughts and I didn't blame him. I placed my hand on his shoulder "Harry, you can talk to me you know that. I believe in you." I told him to try to be as supportive as I could.

_____

The following days I couldn't think of much but Harry and his involvement in the tournament. Who could've put his name in, why, and how to help Harry get through all the challenges since he wasn't prepared at all and there was no way he would get out of doing them. I had also noticed Nikolai being very dismissive of me ever since Harry got chosen as one of the champions and he saw me hanging out with him. Even though it kind of bothered me at first I was kind of relieved he wasn't trying to follow me around anymore.

I was at the library with Neville one evening searching for anything that might help us find out what was going on. Neville was still stuck on that book Moody had given him that he barely noticed when I moved isles which was often so eventually I just told him to sit down in one of them and that I would come back to him once I found something.

I was scanning the books when I saw from the corner of my eye someone walk into the same aisle as me. I turned and saw Malfoy.

"Oh, Hi." He said surprised to see me there.

"Hi," I said. There was a weird tension between us. I was about to walk away when he stopped me.

"y/n! what happened between us?" He asked coming closer.

I scoffed "You tell me Draco, I've tried talking to you," I was slightly annoyed.

"I don't know if you've realized but listening is really not my forte, but you know what is? holding onto things. When I saw you and that Nikolas dude-"

"Nikolai" I corrected him

"Yeah whatever, and your hand on his abs I felt so....so angry. I wanted to punch the guy and I was so angry at him that I guess I sort of also held it against you." He explained

"Well Draco if you had tried talking to me then you would've known nothing happened, he asked about my scar and then he touched them, and then he proceeded to show me his scar, and what you saw was me touching his scar. And yes it was incredibly intimate Draco and if I'm honest with you I kinda liked it because for the first time I felt accepted, for the first time I felt like someone didn't try to avoid them, like someone maybe thought even those broken parts of me were beautiful. But whatever because he doesn't even talk to me anymore..." I rambled a little flustered. I looked up to meet his eyes. "And maybe if you had really listened-" I was about to continue ranting when Draco moved forward and crashed his lips into mine.