Amortentia (48)

It was my first day of classes today. During most classes, I stayed with Neville avoiding any Slytherins at all. But the classes I had without him were the hardest. To my displeasure, Draco and I had thought about our classes last year and made most of our decisions together on the subjects we were taking which meant I attended nearly every class with him.

I had completely avoided eye contact or any sort of contact with him at all but could feel him staring every once in a while. Pansy hanging off him for dear life wherever they went, kissing him in front of me whenever she could. On the other hand, I could see Theo extremely uncomfortable but I could see that he too was trying to avoid any sort of eye contact with me and even Luna.

Finally, it was time for potions which I was looking forward to since we had a new teacher but which I knew would be hard since it was the class Draco and I had always been partners in and which naturally we both were extremely good at. Potions simply reminded me of him. Luckily Neville had taken the class as well.

Class started and I was standing next to Neville, Draco only a few people away from me. Slughorn began teaching but I was completely distracted by the fact that I wanted to talk to Draco, I wanted us to be the same as last year. Although I tried my best to act unbothered.

Finally, my attention was drawn to Harry and Ron as they came into class explaining that they were joining. Hermione began explaining what each potion on the table was, the second to last one being Amortentia which caught the attention of all the girls.

"Now Mr. Fletchley would you please tell us what you can smell?" Slughorn asked him. Justin stepped forward and took a whiff.

"Uhmm, I can smell Iris sir," Justin told Slughorn and I giggled. I also saw Draco's head pop up and his jaw clench which made me furrow my brows slightly at the action.

Finally, we were told we had to make Draught of living death, the first one to do so would win a small vial of Felix Felicis. I also saw that Draco took a particular interest in this. Finally, it was time to make it. Everyone rushed off to their tables and began their process.

It did seem like a particularly hard potion given that following the instructions wasn't working. I looked up and saw Harry doing things differently which was working for him so I knew I had to do the same. I began modifying the instructions slightly and saw that it was working out. I saw as Draco looked over and saw that I wasn't having as much trouble as he was which honestly made me feel better.

I had one ingredient left and once I popped it in I waited a few minutes to see a reaction and when everything seemed fine I called Slughorn over. Although it was at the same time Harry did.

Slughorn checked Harry's potion first, it was perfect. He then walked over to me and he also claimed mine to be perfect.

He called Harry and me to the front of the class, divided the Liquid Luck into two small vials, and gave us each one. I saw Draco didn't take his eyes off me or the vial I was holding and seemed particularly bothered by the fact Harry had also acquired a vial.

I left potions a little after everyone else did and as I was walking to the great hall for lunch I saw Theo coming round a hall. He didn't see me so I quietly made my way over to him.

"THEO!" I called loudly once I was close enough.

He jumped and his back hit the wall. "y/n, uhmm hi." He stuttered.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" I asked him.

He took a deep breath "y/n I can't tell you that." He told me.

"Theo, please, I... Did I do something?" I asked my voice breaking.

"NO! But I can't tell you, he made me promise. I'm sorry" He told me looking into my eyes, I could see the sadness in them and knew he really meant what he was saying.

_____

I walked up to the astronomy tower not feeling particularly hungry and I was actually taken by surprise when I saw Draco standing there. I felt a surge of anger throughout my whole body and I charged at him.

He turned when he saw me and all I felt like doing was hitting him, I walked up to him and just started shoving him, shoving him until his back hit the wall, then I slapped him, then I began to hit him, everywhere, on his chest, his arms as I cried. He didn't even attempt to stop me and I could see his eyes water.

"Why!Why!" I shouted at him, my punches getting lighter and lighter "You promised me! You said you loved me! You said we would spend the rest of our lives together!" I kept shouting at him, I felt my chest scar hurt and I clenched my stomach and fell to the ground crying.

Draco quickly kneeled down "y/n!" he called, I saw a tear roll down his cheek which he wiped quickly. I slapped his hands away from me. "I didn't mean any of it, I'm in love with Pansy now." His voice cracked for a second but then it was firm he tried to help me up but I hit him again and got up on my own still clenching my stomach.

"F*ck you!" I shouted at him I started to walk away before I walked back. I yanked the necklace he gave me from around my neck and threw it at his feet. "I hate you," I tried to say firmly, still crying. I felt another sharp pain and wobbled on the spot, Draco helped me stay up and I could see his eyes full of concern.

"No, you don't" He shook his head and I could see the pain in his eyes. This time I didn't slap his hands away.

"I HATE THAT I STILL LOVE YOU," I shouted at him, "it hurts" I whispered I saw him shut his eyes in pain before I turned around and walked away.