Grabbing a bite (52)

*Fluff

I didn't really feel like going to bed yet so I thought I'd walk around the empty castle. I giggled to myself as I walked around the dark halls, suddenly feeling an urge to eat so I thought I'd head to the kitchen where I knew the elves would be more than happy to fix me something up.

I made it to the kitchen but the elves weren't there, I assumed they'd gone to bed elsewhere. I looked around the kitchen searching for something to nibble on, I opened the fridge to look inside when I heard the kitchen door open.

I looked up and saw Draco standing there also surprised to see me. I closed the fridge door.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Hi." He whispered in the same volume.

He made his way over across the counter from me. I could see his breathing was heavy which I assumed to be from the altercation he had previously had. I was still feeling light-headed.

"I just came to grab a bite," I told him as I opened the fridge again I stumbled a little. 

"Yeah, I've been coming here a lot lately as well...You alright?" He giggled. 

I took some Ice cream from the fridge and grabbed two spoons handing one to Draco. He smiled as he took it. I hopped onto the counter and we began eating. "Just a little dizzy that's all." 

"How was the party?" He asked me.

"A complete waste of time, I also wish you'd have told me about my date," I smirked.

"Yeah sorry about that." He looked down at his feet and laughed.

After I ate a couple of spoon fulls of Ice cream I felt the drinks coming down. I set the container down beside me and didn't even realize when I sighed.

"You alright?" Draco asked me quietly again.

I looked up to meet his eyes "I never thought I'd be in this position you know, my parents at risk of death if I do one wrong move, losing Cedric, losing Sirius, lying to my best friends, losing you-" my voice cracked before I could finish. 

Draco moved between my legs and hugged me. "You haven't lost me." He pulled away and we just stared at each other for a few seconds. "I miss you," he said and I could feel his breath on my lips. I felt my heart rate picking up and in a split second Draco and I grabbed each other and submerged into a heated makeout. 

Before I knew it Draco had pushed me further back into the table and climbed onto it himself while we continued kissing. He started moving his hands down my body. I started unbuttoning his shirt while he started kissing my neck making me let out a few soft moans. 

He pulled away for a second and grabbed my hands that were on his shirt "Are you sure?" He whispered. 

"Yes." I breathed, feeling like nothing was more right than this. I put my hand behind his neck and pulled him back down to meet his lips. 

I pulled his shirt off and he placed his hand on my back and helped me sit up proceeding to take my dress off. 

"Colloportus" he pointed his wand at the door. "Muffiato." He whispered again after we heard the door lock. 

Draco was extremely gentle during the whole process, it was the first time for both of us so he took it slow. Although it was painful at first soon enough we were both moaning messes. It feels right, that was the only thing I could think about. I hadn't felt so right for a long time. 

Once you both were finished Draco laid beside you on the table. "I love you," he whispered breathlessly. My head snapped in his direction, I pulled his face over to mine and kissed him again. 

"I love you too." I also said breathlessly. 

After laying there for a while we both got up and got dressed. We were focused on what we were doing that it was silent but once I was done and while Draco was buttoning up his shirt he spoke. 

"I don't want you dating anyone else." He confessed. 

 "Well, I don't want you dating anyone else either. But Draco we have to remember what this is all for. " I reminded him. 

He nodded and I could see the disappointment in his eyes. "Can we at least keep doing things like this?" He snickered. 

I walked up to him once he had put his blazer on and started buttoning it up. "I mean we'll probably be pretty alone during the Christmas holidays. I'm sure we can find the time." I smiled. Once I finished buttoning his blazer I patted his chest with one hand and kissed his cheek before walking away. 

"y/n wait!" He half whispered before I could open the door. I stopped and he walked towards me. He reached into his pocket and I saw he was holding something in a tight fist. 

"what is it?" I asked looking at his closed fist. 

"I hope you've forgiven me, the day you gave this back to me was the day I realized how scared I am to lose you and how hard it is to even breathe when you're not with me." He explained before opening his fist and revealing the necklace he had given me for my birthday.

My breath hitched at the sight as I was reminded of the day I threw that at his feet. I felt a blow to my chest just remembering what I'd felt that very moment. I looked up to meet his eyes "The day I gave this back to you was the day I really didn't breath, the day I actually felt I couldn't live." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 

I could see Draco's eyes water and the look of pure pain in his eyes. I place my hand on his cheek. I reached into my dress pocket and took out a ring. "Draco I got this for you months ago and I planned to give it to you before the day you broke my heart. I want to give it to you now and I want these to be reminders of us. Reminders of what we felt that very day." I said gesturing to the necklace on his open hand. 

I saw him shed a tear as he took the ring from my hand and slipped it in his finger. He then walked behind me and hung the necklace around my neck. We kissed one last time before we exited the kitchen and snuck our way back to our common rooms. All I could think about now was not getting caught and hoping Harry hadn't been checking the marauders map.