Remember Cedric Diggory (p37)

The next day I woke up with a terrible headache, my eyes almost impossible to open from their puffiness, still buried in Draco's arms. I felt safe in them and I wish I could stay like this forever. Today was the last day of school. I began tearing up once more at what happened last night just wishing that it had all been a bad dream. I looked around and saw Blaise, Theo, Crabbe, and Goyle were all in their beds. I tried to be quiet trying not to wake up Draco but a sniffle from me was all it took. 

"You ok?" was all he said as soon as he woke up. 

I nodded trying to force a smile. "D'you wanna get some breakfast?" He asked me 

"I'm gonna go take a shower in my room and I'll meet you there ok?" I told him. 

"You can shower here babe I'll tell the boys to leave." He told me sitting up ready to wake the boys. 

"No no, it's fine, don't" I whispered putting my hand over his mouth to stop him. "I wanna check up on Harry and I'm sure Neville is worried about me too." I started getting up. 

"At least let me take you" he begged. 

I nodded with a smile. Draco took off the top he was wearing and put on a black hoodie then proceeded to open the door for me. As I walked out I admired the Slytherin common room a little. Once we made it to the Gryffindor common room I turned and gave Draco a kiss before walking in. When I walked in I saw Harry sitting on the couch. He turned to face me and we simply stared at each other saying nothing for a couple of seconds. 

"I'm so sorry Harry," I said as my voice broke and I felt my eyes water once more. I could see his eyes start to water as well as he got up and hugged me. 

"I'm sorry too." He said sighing.

Harry quickly explained what happened during the task and after it as well. He told me about how he had seen Lucius there which made him trust Draco less.  I felt so much anger, not about Draco but that I wasn't able to realize something was wrong, that Moody wasn't Moody, that Harry was in danger. After our chat, I hugged Harry once more before going up to take a shower. Once I got out Hermione and Ginny were awake and were surprised to see me come out of the bathroom. They both just hugged me saying nothing which I actually preferred instead of words. I walked out of my room to head to breakfast where I said I would meet with Draco. 

I headed down the stairs and this time I saw Neville sitting on the couch. 

"y/n!" He got up and walked towards me. 

Once again I broke down in my best friend's embrace. "Neville, he's gone," I said sniffling. 

"I know y/n, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. You'll be ok though, I've got you." He reassured me rubbing my back. 

Neville and I walked together to breakfast, I could feel people's gazes on me as I walked there and everyone's gaze on me once I got to the great hall. I saw Draco at the Slytherin table ready to get up and walk towards him but I gesture for him to stay there. I sat with Neville during breakfast although I didn't eat. I simply stared at my plate and played with my food. 

______

The rest of the day was slow and I spent most of it sitting at the great hall, I didn't feel like going anywhere else. The only time I got up was a couple of hours before dinner so I could pack my bags. I had packed all my clothes and the only things I had left to pack were the things left on my nightstand. I picked up a couple of books and bits and bobs from the top before opening the drawer where my eyes landed on the Iris Perfume Cedric had given me for my birthday. 

I dropped the rest of the things in my bag and picked up the fragrance. I held it in my hands just staring at it through watery eyes. I held it against my chest and gave a huge sigh before packing it in my trunk. 

It was now dinner time and I headed to the great hall, except now it wasn't rearranged, as usual, instead, the tables were gone and the banners which normally were colored were now black with a letter 'H' on them. Once more I ate nothing. 

Once most people were done with their main course Dumbledore began speaking. 

"The end, of another year." he paused as his eyes landed on the Hufflepuff table. "There is so much that I would like to say to you all tonight, but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here, enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Cedric Diggory." 

Benches screeched all around the hall as people got up and raised their glasses. And in one loud low rumbling voice, "Cedric Diggory" echoed throughout the hall. I felt shivers as I heard his name said by all these voices. 

After everyone was done eating and drinking Dumbledore once more asked us all to stand. The great hall was rearranged and seats were put in rows. I went to sit next to Draco. 

Dumbledore once more began speaking " He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all whether you knew him well" Dumbledore's eyes landed on mine for a second "or not. I think you all have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about." I felt my breath hitch and I reached for Draco's hand.  

"Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." gasps, and whispers erupted around the hall. Dumbledore continued with his kind words, making tears slowly fall down my face. Draco pulled me closer to him and I put my head on his shoulder. 

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory." Dumbledore finished and I could feel my tears increase at his final words. 

_____

Wands up for Cedric /*