Petrification (p8)

The number of victims found petrified was increasing which was only making the ambiance at school worse. We were now having to be supervised at all times and for Advanced Potions class, Draco and I had to be accompanied to class and from class by none other than Snape himself. 

On the other hand mine and Seamus's relationship was growing stronger each day. We had found ourselves sneaking off sometimes during Dinner or sometimes after classes to abandoned corridors. We were spending so much time together, I realized I was head over heels with this boy. 

My relationship with Draco though was deteriorating quickly. The day after our conversation on the stairs of the dungeon I had tried to keep my distance from him and I saw he did the same. Our relationship was definitely different and there was always tension when we found ourselves in the same room. We would make some small talk in Advanced potions but they never lasted long and the rest of our time together in those classes was spent in complete silence.

____

For a couple of nights after Hermione's petrification occurred I found myself covering for Harry and Ron who were constantly going out in Harry's invisibility cloak to try to find answers. One night I stayed up late by the fire trying to finish homework, as well as waiting for the boys to get back. I was dozing off to sleep.

"Hey y/n, what are you doing here at this hour." I heard a voice say quietly from the stairs

"Oh, Hi Neville, nothing just..... finishing up homework for advanced potions that's all," I replied quickly.

"So you and Seamus are pretty serious huh?" Neville continued throwing me a grin.

"Well I wouldn't say super serious, we're still very young right?" I told him trying to reassure myself. "Why? did he say something?" I asked curiously. 

"Well you didn't hear this from me y/n, but I heard Lavander got told by Pavarti that she got told by Dean that he got told by Seamus that he loves you." He continued barely above a whisper.

It took me a while to process what had just said but as soon as I did I was left speechless.

"So, do you love him too?" Neville asked me interrupting my thoughts.

"......I mean I really like him....but I don't know...... I mean we're too young to love aren't we?" I asked in a frustrated manner. "Neville, what do I do?"

"I guess you're right, we're too young. Just take it slow as you said. Forget I told you anything. Good night." he said as he headed upstairs like he hadn't just dropped a major bomb on me. 

______

For the next few weeks, I was confused as to what to do with the information Neville had given me. I tried not to think about it too much it was something that was definitely consuming me. 

I had been told off a couple of times in class for zoning out and even in Advanced Potions, I was getting distracted with my own thoughts. After one of the Advanced Potions classes, Snape left the classroom quickly and told us to wait for him before going to our next class. Draco and I were left alone in his classroom putting our things away even though my mind was somewhere else I could still feel the same tension in the room as always. 

"What's gotten into you lately y/l/n?" Draco interrogated me.

"-What? Oh nothing, I mean I'm just distracted that's all. A lot on my mind." I replied nervously.

"It's Finnigan, isn't it. He's what's on your mind." He said trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Yes, maybe it is, does it bother you Malfoy? I mean It's me getting told off not you. " I replied defensively. 

"I'm not gonna lie to you, it bothers me a little," Draco replied in a sarcastic.

Confused as to what I had just heard I decided to brush it off and soon after Snape came in.

________
Ron, Harry, and I were walking down the halls discussing our findings when a loud voice was heard all throughout the school.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second-floor corridor immediately."

Instead of following the instructions meant for us, Harry, Ron, and I immediately ran to the second-floor corridor and listened in on the teacher's discussing the freshly written message on the wall. As soon as we heard Ginny was the one who had been taken we knew we had to do something about it.