The Second Task (p34)

It was the night before the second task, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I were once again at the library holding onto the last thread of hope that we would find something to help Harry tomorrow. We were all pretty frustrated and in terrible moods from the lack of sleep when Moody appeared from behind a shelf.

"Hate to break up the skull session, Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." Harry and Ron began getting up from their seats. "Not you Potter just Weasley, Granger, and y/l/n"

Hermione and I looked at each other worried. "But Sir the second task is only hours away and-"

"Exactly presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep....go now!" Moody instructed.

Hermione, Ron, and I made our way to McGonagall's office, Hermione expressing her concerns in the way. Once we arrived Ron knocked on the door where we were told to come in.

"Oh perfect you three, this will make things much easier," McGonagall muttered to herself.

"Was there something you needed to tell us?" I asked a little confused as to what she meant.

"I'm sure you know the task is tomorrow..." we all nodded "Well you three will be a crucial part of it..." McGonagall explained. "I am terribly sorry about this." I saw her raise her wand and then everything went black.

_____

The next thing I remember was desperately gasping for breath and feeling incredibly cold. I opened my eyes and felt extremely overwhelmed as I heard loud cheering and could only see water around me. I was about to start panicking when I heard Cedric's voice behind me.

"It's ok I've got you." He reassured me as he grabbed onto me and guided me to the dock where I saw Seamus and Neville waiting.

I was still gasping for breath and could feel my teeth start chattering violently. Once we made it to the stairs of the dock I was about to start climbing them but instead, Neville and Seamus grabbed me and pulled out and onto the dock. They then began putting towels around me and rubbing my arms and back in an attempt to warm me up.

"y/n you alright?" Cedric asked me holding a hand out to help me up.

I nodded since I felt like I couldn't get a word out with my teeth chattering. I then heard a voice from behind the crowd.

"Get out of my way! Move!" I then saw people being pushed and shoved aside before Draco's face popped up.

"y/n!" He shouted running towards me. "What the bloody hell were you doing in there? I've been looking for you."

I giggled a little at his comments since I didn't expect them at all. My body then began shivering uncontrollably.

"Merlin y/n you're freezing, c, mon let's go get you warm," He said putting an arm around me.

"Wa..i...t....whe....rrr..e's....Ha...Harrr...ryyy?" I tried my best to ask through my chattering teeth.

Draco didn't answer but I could see from his expression that he had no idea. I turned and saw Neville and Seamus putting towels around Hermione. I ran to her and I felt my body heating up a little with adrenaline.

"Hermione! are you alright?" I asked her, seeing her shivering as well.

"y/n! yeah, I'm fine where's Harry?" She asked, I shook my head and she too understood.

We both got up and looked nervously at the water waiting, the bell rang and Harry still wasn't up. We then saw Ron and Fleur's sister Gabrielle emerge from the water but no Harry in sight.

Finally after what felt like forever a figure flew out of the water and flopped onto the deck. It was Harry, he began coughing up water while Seamus put a towel around him and screamed for more. Hermione and I ran towards him.

"Harry!" We both said leaning down at his side.

"Hermione, y/n!" He managed to say breathlessly.

I looked back and saw Cedric and Draco standing with Hufflepuff's, I got up relieved that Harry was alright, and made my way over to Cedrics' and Dracos' side. Draco immediately wrapped an arm around me once more. 

"ATTENTION!" we covered our ears as we heard Dumbledore's excessively loud voice. "The winner is Mr.Diggory!" he announced.

Cedric and I hugged, Draco then giving him a bro hug as I began jumping with excitement congratulating him over and over again. Once his celebration was over Draco hugged me from behind putting his arms over my shoulders and on my arms that were crossed over my chest as Dumbledore explained the next results.

"The jury awards Harry second place!" He finally announced. I began clapping and cheering for Harry and I turned back to see Draco barely acknowledging his existence, I simply rolled my eyes at him which apparently he found funny, and kissed my head. 

Finally, after all the cheering and clapping was over Draco and I made our way over to a boat and made our way back to the castle where the rescued were treated with warm drinks and dry clothes.