Plan B (56)

Once we had given Slughorn the mead via Rosmerta all I could think for the next few days was about when the day would come. I just waited to hear the news of Dumbledore's death anytime. 

One specific night I couldn't sleep whatsoever (which wasn't uncommon but I would normally manage to sleep an hour or two) so instead of tossing and turning around in my bed all night I decided I'd head down to the common room and try to clear my head. I had been downstairs for a few minutes simply staring at the fire when I heard footsteps from the boys' dormitories. I tensed up. 

"y/n?" Harry whispered once he spotted me on the couch. 

"Harry, what are you doing up so late?" I asked getting up before I saw Ron stumble down the stairs looking as high as a kite. 

"Ron's eaten some chocolate with a love potion in it," Harry explained, Ron sighed gleefully. "Quite a lot of chocolate," Harry added. 

"Wait doesn't he love Lavander already?" I asked

"It was actually meant for me...from Romilda Vane" Harry clarified. 

 "Oh...I can prepare the antidote-" I started walking towards the door before Harry interrupted me. 

"Oh I actually thought about going to see Slughorn I have a couple of things to ask him and I thought this would be a good opportunity." He told me. 

"Oh yeah of course." I nodded. 

"Uhmm...maybe you could come with us...if you want to?" Harry invited me. 

"Sure." I shrugged hoping this would help me clear my mind and maybe having a look inside Slughorns office would ease my mind on the poisoned mead, checking if he still had it or not. 

All three of us walked silently through the castle and straight to Slughorns office. Harry and I on either side of Ron trying to help him walk straight. Harry knocked. Slughorn opened a small space on the door. 

"I'm sorry sir I wouldn't bother you if it wasn't absolutely essential," Harry whispered. Slughorn looked behind Harry and saw me beside Ron. 

Ron turned to face me "Where's Romilda?" He asked bothered. 

"What's the matter with Wembie?" Slughorn asked Harry. 

Harry approached the door and whispered "very powerful love potion." Which was barely audible to me through Ron's whimpers. 

Slughorn then opened the door and all three of us walked in. Slughorn walked over to his trunk and began pulling out ingredients. He commented to Harry how he could've whipped up the antidote. Harry replied telling him he thought he would seek more experienced hands which resulted in Slughorn asking me why I hadn't done it instead. 

I saw Harry's plea for a lie "To be honest sir I've just had a little to drink and I thought it would be unwise for me to attempt such a thing in this state." I laughed hoping it was believable enough. 

Slughorn laughed along "It would be indeed." He turned back around to continue and I saw Harry throw me a confused glance. I shrugged. 

Harry brought Ron to sit on the couch in front of me and I began scanning Slughorn's office. My eyes would occasionally hover over certain peculiar objects trying to figure out what they were. I had completely blocked out what Slughorn and Harry were saying. 

Ron then walked over and stepped up on the couch next to me sitting on the backrest. This only lasted for a second before he fell backward hitting the floor hard. I sat up on the couch and looked behind to where Ron had landed. 

"Ron?" I called for him and saw he was still chuffed as ever. 

I ran around and picked him up and placed him back on the couch with much effort given his stature and broad complexion.