Help (70)

The next few days were relatively quiet, I assumed the death eaters had their hands full on something else since they hadn't interrogated me. I was relieved for many reasons but one being that I wasn't sure how I was going to explain to them how all of my scratches and cuts were gone.

 I spent most of the time thinking over mine and Draco's last conversation. My mom noticed that something was bothering me but I think she just took that to be the fact that we were locked up in a dungeon and we hadn't eaten for days. When my mother would sleep Luna and I would have chats about school. How much we missed the DA and reminiscing on memories. 

"What happened the day Draco took you?" She asked me. 

"He healed me and gave me something to eat," I told her trying to avoid details. 

"No y/n, I mean what happened? You came back all upset." She took my hand. 

I took a deep breath before answering her, "I told him to Marry me, Luna." I whispered turning my head to make sure my mother was asleep and then looking down at my feet. 

"And he said NO?" She gasped quietly. 

"Uhmm...not really...but basically," I whispered back to her. 

"I mean it's a big decision, but if there's something I'm sure of is that you're the one for him y/n." She tried to assure me. 

"I'm not sure he knows that," I told Luna. 

"He does." I heard my mother's voice behind me. I jumped up. 

"Mom I-" I didn't know what to say. I just looked between her and Luna. 

"Dear I know I've been hard with you when it came to the Malfoys, but the day he came to get you I knew I was wrong all along. That boy really loves you, honey, he made sure to tell me that himself." My mom talked to me as she approached me. 

I looked down at my feet not really knowing what to say. 

"Now I'm not going to speak for Draco, but did you really give him a chance to explain? I mean honey you've been lucky enough to have witnessed so many married couples that work. Your dad and I, Neville's parents, Tonks and Remus, Arthur and Molly. You've been surrounded by love your whole life honey."  My mom took a deep breath and stepped forward. 

"I've been in here a long time to think about this, but Draco didn't have what you did. Lucius let's fear rule his life, Bellatrix isn't an exemplary aunt, I mean I just hope you understand that you guys have lived quite the opposite lives. I think Draco love's you for many reasons y/n, but one of them is that you've shown him a different kind of love that he's never had before." My mom finished explaining. 

I took a deep breath and nodded to myself acknowledging the fact that I'd never really thought about what my mom had told me. I didn't have much time to ponder on the subject when I heard the dungeon door open. 

"Get over here!" I heard Pettigrew call me. 

I started walking towards him when I felt my mom grab my arm. "NO! YOU CAN'T TAKE HER AGAIN! YOU NEARLY KILLED HER LAST TIME!" She tried to argue with him. 

"SHUT UP!" Pettigrew shouted shooting a non-verbal spell at my mom sending her flying back against the wall. Luna ran to her aid. 

"STOP!" I shouted coming in between Pettigrew and my mom. "Just take me, leave her alone!" I looked into Pettigrews eyes. 

He grabbed my arm and shoved me forward, up the stairs. Once I was at the top I saw the same scenario as last time except Voldemort wasn't there. Bellatrix gestured something to Pettigrew and he pushed me forward causing me to fall forward. 

Bellatrix cackled. I lifted my head up and could see Draco keeping his gaze away from me, I could see he was trying to suppress the urge to put an end to all of this. My eyes then shifted to his hand hidden behind his mother which held my wand. I tried not to react. 

"Oh, how I wish we had time for some girl time again.." Bellatrix chanted, finishing with her hideous laugh. She approached me and shoved her wand on my neck. "We had so much fun last time didn't we?" She laughed again, she started sliding her wand across my neck and then created a slit across my cheek making me flinch slightly. 

"I already told you, I don't know where Harry is!" I shouted at her. 

"Yes, that is why you're here. But you see we think we've found him, and all I need you to do is tell me the truth, or the same thing that I did to poor old Daddy, will happen to mommy." She mocked. 

I felt a flood of rage and I attempted to get up and charge towards her before she sent a non-verbal spell my way making me fly backward and hit the ground hard. She then charged forward once more and began waving her wand from one side to the other creating gashes all over my body once more. "Crucio!!" She cackled. I knew the drill by now, but this time the pain didn't last very long. 

"Bella!" I heard Lucius's voice. 

Before she could try anything else, a couple of snatchers walked in. I was lying face down on the ground so I only saw the feet but I could tell it was them. Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 

I saw Bellatrix charge forward towards them. "Grab her!" She shouted and I felt a couple of hands aggressively lift me from the ground and push me forward towards them. I tried not to react as I made eye contact with Ron and Hermione quickly.

"Well?" Bellatrix was desperate for an answer. 

I had no time to ponder on what I was going to do, everything was at stake now, I had to think quickly. "It's not him, that's not Harry," I replied trying to sound as convincing as possible. I saw Bellatrix getting angry. 

"Draco! Come here!" Bellatrix called for him. I could feel Draco approaching. He was shoved beside me. In a very quick smooth motion, as he was pushed down, I felt him slide my wand down the inside of my pants. I again tried not to react. 

"I'm not sure" Draco hesitated. "what's wrong with his face?" he asked. While Bella was distracted questioning the snatchers I saw as Harry and Draco exchanged looks. 

"Draco please," I whispered under my breath hoping he'd hear me.