It's over (81)

Harry stayed in the courtyard for a couple of minutes and we decided to give him some space. Draco and I walked back into the great hall where people were getting treated once more. We started walking to some benches when Draco's parents appeared in front of us. I tensed us slightly. 

"Mom...Dad" Draco whispered while squeezing my hand. 

Narcissa took my hand causing me to step back ever so slightly. "We're so sorry for all the pain we caused you. I know what I was doing was wrong but I was too afraid, all I ever wanted was to keep him safe. I let fear rule over me." Narcissa expressed herself. 

I nodded and gave her a slight smile before turning to face Lucius waiting for his apology but he said nothing. Narcissa nudged him. My mother had walked over to us then. 

"Son I've made many mistakes in my lifetime. I hope you and your girlfriend can forgive me someday." He spoke to Lucius.

"I was always afraid to become someone like you Father, but she showed me how to love, she helped me to become better," Draco spoke turning to face me. "I do have to tell you one thing though. y/n isn't my girlfriend, she's my fiancée and the mother of my unborn child." He told them both while smiling at me. 

I could see this was a shock to them both but not to my mother who looked happier than I thought she would. Narcissa turned to look at me. "You're.." She gasped. 

I nodded. "Pregnant yes," I confirmed her suspicions. 

They stood there for a while before Narcissa stepped forward to hug us both. I could see emotions were still a hard subject for Lucius who simply gave a slight nod to his son. My mom also hugged us both. Narcissa and my mom got to talking. 

"If you'll excuse me I'm going to go check on some people," I told them all.  

I walked over to Neville who was talking to Luna and Theo. Neville put his arm around me and gave me a tight squeeze. 

"We did it." He said. 

"Yeah, because we stuck together." I winked at Theo. He laughed. 

"I'm glad it's all over," Luna spoke and Theo leaned down to give her a quick kiss. 

"Yeah me too." I sighed.

"So what now?" Theo asked. 

Luna and I both shrugged. "I guess this is a new chapter," Neville spoke. 

I turned to look at Draco who was laughing with my mom and Narcissa. Theo, Luna, and Neville turned to see what I was looking at. "I guess it is," I spoke softly with a huge smile on my face. 

Draco noticed all of us staring and turned to face us all. He gave us confused look and we all laughed. 

"You guys are the greatest love story aren't you?" Theo fake cried placing his hand on his chest in a dramatic gesture. 

I punched him lightly. "But yeah we are." I laughed. 

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned to see Harry. I gave him a hug. "Thank you, Harry. For everything." I said as I pulled away. 

He looked down at his feet. "I'm sorry about Remus and Tonks." He said. 

"Yeah me too." I told him smiling. I could feel my eyes watering. 

Draco came to join my side. Harry shot him a smile. 

"y/n I saw them...When I went to the forest. I saw my parents, Sirius, Remus, and Tonks before Voldemort tried to kill me."  

"What?" I gasped slightly and now I felt my eyes watering. 

"They wanted me to let you know how proud they are of you. They want us both to let Teddy know who they were." He gave me a weak smile. "Oh, and Tonks wanted me to tell you Draco that she's still keeping her promise from the wedding." Harry looked confused.  

I turned to face Draco who had his mouth slightly opened. I could see his eyes started watering slightly as well. 

"What does that mean?" Harry asked him. 

"At Bill and Fleur's wedding, when I came to warn y/n about the death eaters. Tonks promised me she would keep y/n safe, she said she would take care of her." His breath hitched. 

I felt tears fall down my cheeks as I was reminded of that night. 

______

It was now the afternoon, quite a number of us who weren't too badly injured stayed back to help the wounded and to clean up a little bit. Harry had let everyone know about what Snape had done for us all. 

There was a small part of me that felt guilty for not trusting him fully but I knew that in the end he was willing to sacrifice himself for Harry and his death was not in vain. After teachers and students were able to get Hogwarts to look at least half of what it looked like before I walked to the hallway outside of the hall and looked at an empty wall.

I had an idea in mind. I raised my wand and began tracing names into the wall. 

James Potter

Lily Potter

Cedric Diggory

Albus Dumbledore

Severus Snape

Nymphadora Tonks

Remus Lupin, Dobby

Colin Creevy

Lavender Brown

Hedwig

Mad-eye-moody

The list went on. McGonagall walked outside and saw what I was doing and joined me in the process. 

Soon a couple of students and teachers had joined me outside in making a mural with the names of the fallen. 

McGonagall added one last touch at the top of the wall writing "The fallen who sacrificed their lives for the wizarding world." 

_____

Raise your wands for the Fallen Fifty of the Battle of Hogwarts, 2nd of May 1998.  /*