School? (63)

I had been with Tonks hiding out for a couple of days now, most of those spent mourning the loss of my dad although I had struggled with the idea that he was actually gone. I knew Draco wouldn't lie to me but there was something about the way it all happened that just didn't let me fully believe it. Or maybe just accept it. I hated waiting around waiting for something to happen, it wasn't who I was. 

Tonks was already growing and I knew she'd need someone to be with her but with her mom and dad close by I knew I wasn't exactly a crucial part of her care. I had many discussions with Tonks and Remus about going back to school. The first few times they had practically forbidden me from even thinking about it again but I had been so persistent that at some point they had kind of started listening to me. 

"Remus I'm literally doing nothing around here, I have to do something don't you get that?" I argued. 

"It's far too dangerous y/n I will not let you put yourself at his hands," Remus argued back 

"I know it's stupid, I know I'd be practically handing myself over to him but I can't stay here Remus I just can't. I did nothing before and now my dad is gone, I can't lose my mom too, I just can't" my voice broke and I felt my eyes watering. 

Remus turned to face me but said nothing. "Please, I'm sure I'll be able to help if I'm in there, and if they do take me, I'll find a way out. I promise." I finished. 

I saw Remus give the slightest nod. "Fine, you can go. 

I could see he was still incredibly reluctant and very uncomfortable with the decision he had made. "Look, I've thought of something. I never take this off." I pulled out the necklace Draco gave me from under my shirt. "You can put the Avenseguim charm on it, that way you'll always know where I am." I tried to reassure him in the best way I could find. 

I could see he was a little less uncomfortable. 

_____

Today was the day, I'd packed all my things and gotten ready to go to Hogwarts. I'd found myself dwelling upon one particular question. Would Draco be there? I knew Snape had taken control as headmaster which meant basically Voldemort had control of the school or would pretty soon but would he let Draco go back? 

I had been particuarlly consistent with keeping up with Remus, Lee's and Fred's radio show Potterwatch and whatever they'd had to say in it. I'd really hoped the trio had found out about it and knew they had a whole army of people supporting them.  

I was on the platform 9 3/4 , I had appariated alone knowing that it would just be wreckless if Remus had come to drop me off. I kept my head down with my hood over my head at all times trying to keep a low profile. I quickly stepped into the train and started making my way to the back. 

I had arrived just a couple of minutes before the train left and once I made it to the back, before I slid the door open I saw that it was mostly filled by members of the DA. I thought about turning back but instead I slid the door open and took my hood off. Everyone turned to face me. Of course everyone had heard about the events of last year but I wasn't sure how many people knew about my involvement in it. 

"Hi." I broke the silence. 

Ginny got up from right beside me and gave me a hug. Neville got up after her and I felt my eyes water as we looked into each others eyes. 

"Hi stranger" he whispered before we both stepped forward and gave each other a massive hug. I hadn't seen him in months. He made some space for me next to the window and I sat down. 

I saw a few people crack a few smiles at me whilst others threw me dirty looks. I didn't blame them, they didn't all know the full story. 

"What's she doing here?" Cormac questioned once I sat down. 

"You got a problem with her McLaggen?" Seamus tried to defend me. 

"She betrayed us!" Lavander added. 

I began getting up. "I'll just go." I whispered to Neville and Ginny pleading for Neville to let me through. 

"NO." Neville stopped me but got up himself. 

"She's on our side." Ginny continued. 

"She almost killed Katie and Ron. And she killed Dumbledore" Lavander spat. 

"Neville please." I whispered trying to keep my composure. 

"No y/n. He has her parents! He was going to kill her and them if she didn't do it. I would have loved to see what you all would've done! Because I know damn well I would've done the same thing to save my parents." Neville shouted at them all. 

They all went silent. I kept my head down as I sat back down slowly. "She didn't kill Dumbledore, and she wouldn't have either. Snape did it, you all know it." Ginny added. 

After a couple minutes of silence Seamus asked "He has your parents?" 

I nodded slowly "He did. He killed my father because I didn't go back to him that night." Neville's head snapped into my direction. "He still has my mother." I told him. 

Cormac and Lavander stayed quiet and now they were looking down themselves. 

"I'm sorry about your dad. But why are you here, won't he be looking for you?" I heard Cho say. 

"Yeah but I'm no use sitting around waiting for a miracle to happen. At least here with you all I can try to find answers, a way to get my mother back, a way to help you all." I told them. This time I saw Cormac and Lavanders eyes look up a little. 

I'd spent the next few hours of the ride telling Ginny and Neville what had happened the night of the wedding. How Draco had come to warn me about the death eaters and told me about my dad. 

Suddenly the train came to an abrupt halt. I looked outside the window and just made out black smoke. 

"Death eaters. They'll be looking for Harry" I said quite loudly so everyone could hear. 

"y/n you've got to hide." Neville told me. 

We all began to look around. "Back there." I heard Seamus say as he pointed at the last seats.

I didn't protest I got up and crouched down under the table. Seamus, Cho, Colin and Dennis all sat around me trying to act casual using their legs to hide me. 

I then heard the door slam open. I could hear footsteps coming closer. 

"Hey loosers! He's not here." I heard Neville's voice and the footsteps stopped. I cringed hoping that whoever they were they wouldn't do anything to him. Luckily after a few seconds they seemed to have turned around and the footsteps faded.